New 4x4 Take 2- 2013 Ford Ranger Wild Track 3.2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dave..

RMS Regular
So after dodging a bullet with the Nissan D22 :cold_sweat: thanks to @Nicky.
I nearly bought an early Toyota Hilux but decided i needed something more modern- so I have bought a 2013 Ford Ranger Wild Track 3.2 .
Ford 4x4.jpg

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Big fan of these! Such a nice driving thing for what they are.

Father-in-law has a 2.2 Limited with a few extras on it and a remap to 180hp. I love it :laughing:

HTD!

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
What was the problem with the navara? Grenade engine?
D22 Engines are know to break conrods or the rods exit the block. Expensive to fix as you would need a reconditioned engine.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Great pulling pickup with the 3.2 if you’re doing any towing, albeit a thirsty brute, and the most spacious cab of any currently on offer, especially for rear legroom.

When do you get it?

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Great pulling pickup with the 3.2 if you’re doing any towing, albeit a thirsty brute, and the most spacious cab of any currently on offer, especially for rear legroom.

When do you get it?
Next week.
It will be used sometimes for pulling a horse trailer.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
We have two of them here at work in the 3.2 wild track with auto box

Great interior, great with a trailer but bit soar on diesel though.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
hahaha, some difference from an old hilux...god I miss having any power! Looks well though.
The idea of a red Hilux like the one on Top Gear is great until I have to tow the horses to Dublin. Comfort wins every time.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
@Nicky
What tyres did you say were very good on your 4x4? You towed lorries in the South with them.
Thanks

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
@Nicky
What tyres did you say were very good on your 4x4? You towed lorries in the South with them.
Thanks

General Grabber AT3’s. Must be 25k hard miles on them now of which about 20k is with a twin axle trailer on tow and they’re holding out very well. Definitely recommend them as a great all round tyre... (y)

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
How its sits before I have some sign writing done.
The red stripes on the doors will be removed but I will keep them on the roof as it makes it easy to see in a car park.
Tyres are good but will be changed to the General Grabber AT3`s @Nicky mentioned.
IMG_1363.jpg

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Had it for a long drive today and on the computer it said I was averaging 29mpg.
Amazed how well finished it is with heated front screen, cruise control, diff locks, very powerful heater. At 70 mph it is reving at 2000rpm so just ticking over.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..

Jason

RMS Regular
Had it for a long drive today and on the computer it said I was averaging 29mpg.
Amazed how well finished it is with heated front screen, cruise control, diff locks, very powerful heater. At 70 mph it is reving at 2000rpm so just ticking over.

I had one for a year and to be honest only reason I sold it was MPG, averaged over a year at 24mpg, after a while I just stopped looking lol loved it otherwise as it had a serious amount of power.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
I had one for a year and to be honest only reason I sold it was MPG, averaged over a year at 24mpg, after a while I just stopped looking lol loved it otherwise as it had a serious amount of power.
Very hard to drive at 30 and 40mph but great on the motorway.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.