New 4x4 Take 2- 2013 Ford Ranger Wild Track 3.2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
General Grabber AT3’s. Must be 25k hard miles on them now of which about 20k is with a twin axle trailer on tow and they’re holding out very well. Definitely recommend them as a great all round tyre... (y)
Update,
New tyres 4 x General Grabber AT3`s, they make it much nicer to drive.

@Nicky do you know where I could get underbody protection plates?

IMG_1392.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Depends what you’re looking for David. There’s a few online shops selling them, such as 4x4AT:

Ford Ranger T6 2012 On 4mm Alloy Under Body Protection Kit

No one that I know locally stocks them as I’d say it would cost too much to have them sitting for the full range of pickups available now and to have such a small market for them.

I’ve seen 1 of those kits on a DMax and it looked to be very good quality. Apparently a very good fit too.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Depends what you’re looking for David. There’s a few online shops selling them, such as 4x4AT:

Ford Ranger T6 2012 On 4mm Alloy Under Body Protection Kit

No one that I know locally stocks them as I’d say it would cost too much to have them sitting for the full range of pickups available now and to have such a small market for them.

I’ve seen 1 of those kits on a DMax and it looked to be very good quality. Apparently a very good fit too.
Thanks Nicky I will take a look.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Been driving a 2.2 Limited for a while now, didn't want it when i got it and now i don't want to give it back! By far the best driving pick up out there and the interior is a genuinely nice place to be.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Yes, very good tyres with plenty of grip.

I didn’t notice any increase in road noise with them either which was a bonus. A lot of AT’s can be noisy or cause a bit of vibration which isn’t the case with these.

If we get any snow you’ll be really impressed (y)

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
I didn’t notice any increase in road noise with them either which was a bonus. A lot of AT’s can be noisy or cause a bit of vibration which isn’t the case with these.

If we get any snow you’ll be really impressed (y)
I had Insa turbos mud tyres on my defender and they were very noisey and tracked on every ripple on the road BUT off road they were awesome.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Only update is fitted waterproof seat covers and have the design approved for the graphics on the rear canopy.

If anyone is looking for a very good deal on a van, speak to:
Used cars Newtownabbey, Used Car Dealer in County Antrim | J&F TRUCKS & VANS LTD - Home
Francis Walsh Jnr: 079 7313 0422 / 028 9034 2535
This is the second commercial I have bought from J & F vans and they are always keen for a deal.

Bodo is the man (y)

Love these, awesome but have heard they're extremely thirsty as mentioned

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Bodo is the man (y)

Love these, awesome but have heard they're extremely thirsty as mentioned

And famed for oil pump failure unfortunately from what I’ve seen.

What modern engine doesn’t have issues though?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I had AT2s on my last Range Rover sport and it went places it probably shouldn’t have with ease.

I hear the AT3s are a great tyre too

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
@Nicky
What do you think?
I am going to add a tuning box to the Ranger, have been advised to get this one;
TDI Tuning | Ford Ranger 3.2 TDCI CRTD4 TRIPLE Channel With RPM Diesel Tuning Box Chip

View attachment 221875

View attachment 221876

Look like good gains. TDi Tuning have been going a long time, so should be a decent chip. Have never used them myself, but I’d say there’s plenty of reviews online of their products.

Have driven a couple of pickups and vans that have TorqueTronix tuning boxes fitted to them and they were very impressive, but who to use is a personal preference.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Ford Ranger has been sold, far too bouncy and very hard on fuel. Itch scratched.
Back to something I can get more use out of and does 45mpg.
2016 Vauxhall Vivaro, just done 100 miles and averaging 50mpg.

72D3D23F-5C0D-437F-80FB-3C47B885A63A.jpeg
A952F724-4B19-4BFA-8B9D-205FC8E4D86E.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.