New Alfa Romeo Giulia due next year. "WOW"

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Lovely carcar, though is nobody else seeing Jaguar XF R in the styling cues everywhere?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
As an interested Alfa fan, I'm already dissapointed that it looks like a Jag at the front and back and a 3 or 5 series from the side.
Lazy copycat styling of mainstream ***** imo.
At least it doesn't look like anything VAG I suppose.:relieved: Not knocking VAG or any other manufacturer but I just think Alfa should be brave enough to do their own thing.

But Fezza V8 = :cool:

I think I'd have an older Maserati QP before one of these at the moment.
Never know, it might grow on me.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
After reading that article it does look alot like the Maserati Ghibli albeit better looking

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
I love Alfa's, but they can do better than this where styling is concerned and from the side, it's a 5-Series!

Disappointed.

Reactions: Mel

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
As an interested Alfa fan, I'm already dissapointed that it looks like a Jag at the front and back and a 3 or 5 series from the side.
Lazy copycat styling of mainstream ***** imo.
At least it doesn't look like anything VAG I suppose.:relieved: Not knocking VAG or any other manufacturer but I just think Alfa should be brave enough to do their own thing.

But Fezza V8 = :cool:

I think I'd have an older Maserati QP before one of these at the moment.
Never know, it might grow on me.

Its a 3.8 V6 Bi Turbo, I think it may be the same engine Ferrari designed for the Ghibli.

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
I made a few enquiries last night and it looks like the fire breather is going to start at around £60k and may be serviced at Ferrari/Maserati dealers rather than Alfa dealers same as happens with the 8C. I know what you guys mean about the styling but lets face it regardless at how individual Alfa make their cars for some reason to this day this misguided stigmatism about reliability or lack of it is still there so maybe following others a little will help bring the marque back to where it should be. Funny I've never been a lover of BM's but since Pininfarina started designing the latest ones they have really grown on me so may be the reason I like this Giulia a lot.

johnm

RMS Regular
My only gripe is Alfa should have continued to build the rear door handles into the window.
I love that touch.
Hopefully it does depreciate, then I can get one! lol.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
From the photos in the original post I think it looks like the lovechild of an Audi saloon and a Hyundai Coupé. From the photos further down, I think the front end looks a bit too upright.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
This is a Photoshop before all the heavy breathing starts lol

Alfa%2BRomeo%2BGiulia%2BSportwagon2.jpg

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
This will loose money at some rate. I'd like to see the reviews when they are 3- 4 years old as regards reliabiltiy, maintenance and recalls. Buying one of these new will be a huge financial gamble.

Alfa get a lot of stick depreciation wise for good reason but when then get a car just right with character they hold their money alright then start appreciating. I've noticed it with the Alfa 147 GTA which have been creeping up lately and more noticeably on the GTV Cup which are heavily appreciating compared to the standard v6 models.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Alfa Romeo make sublime looking cars but unfortunately they all end up back at the stealers getting repaired within a week from purchase, this will be no exception :worried:

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
It has a lovely swell of its arches but whereas the 155, 156 and 159 are very distinctive cars that don't look like anything else, this looks a lot more generic; like an Alfa-fied BMW E90 with a touch of current Audi tail light cluster. Maybe this is how Alfa hopes to win over buyers of competing brands in this particular sector - by being less individual. Executive saloons are typically quite conservative affairs.

The Sniff Petrol piece I found an unfunny and rather pathetic attempt at stigmatising a car that doesn't even exist yet. Almost as if they are on the payroll of the Germans.

DesmoBen

RMS Regular
Drives
clubman 1330
Is it just me or does this thing look like a BMW 3/5 thats had a serious dose of steroids? Oh, dont get me wrong ....its bellissimo alright.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Lopve the looks of this car, I agree with some about the slightly 'safe' design but if that helps sales then all the better, plus they need to have a look at that estate mock up and just make it!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.