New Alfa Romeo Giulia due next year. "WOW"

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Came across this article earlier. Makes interesting reading about the Alfa and delays getting it into full production.

The troubled Alfa Romeo Giulia needs serious help

Just read that and there's an 'update' at the top now that says all the safety related claims are false.
It looks like the automotive version of the Daily Mail ffs.

Alfa Romeo make sublime looking cars but unfortunately they all end up back at the stealers getting repaired within a week from purchase, this will be no exception :worried:
Did you have problems with your Alfa?

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-10_23-7-28.png
    upload_2016-2-10_23-7-28.png
    294.4 KB · Views: 150

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Umm why is there a random image in the post above that I can't see the edit screen?

johnm

RMS Regular
Just lucky it wasn't some random dodgy page :p

It has been delayed for a year though so they must be having to fix something?

I did laugh at this though:

"It was to be headlined by a twin-turbo V6 that reportedly howled its way around the Nürburgring 14 seconds faster than the BMW M3 could manage. That second part is only true if you believe it's fair to compare a full lap in a standard BMW M3 with a favorable accumulation of sector times to a development prototype Giulia with 220 pounds stripped out of it and rolling on hand-cut racing slicks.
No, me neither."

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Theyre italians, thats what they do lol.
I really hope they dont feck this up or else im going to have to keep my 155 s for another 20 years..

johnm

RMS Regular
Seems they done the job the with it, really does look the part though. Probably the best looking saloon on the market.

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
If they gave these away for free nothing would persuade me to drive an Alfa again

Beauty is only skin deep, a trait that Alfa cannot shake off

johnm

RMS Regular
If it looks anything like that above it would be outstanding.
Think I would be sorely tempted by that to actually buy a new car for the first time.

I've had a couple and while they definitely have their gremlins, I still loved them. Especially the 2.4jtd 156, that thing got death everywhere and never missed a beat.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I would love a 156gta wagon as a daily. Gotta get my tail into gear and get the 3.0 v6 into my 155 for a bit of craic first. I think im gonna have to wait a fair while before these giuila's are in the price range that id be willing to pay though. A giulia wagon would be awesome.

starletterry

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne, GT
If it looks anything like that above it would be outstanding.
Think I would be sorely tempted by that to actually buy a new car for the first time.

I've had a couple and while they definitely have their gremlins, I still loved them. Especially the 2.4jtd 156, that thing got death everywhere and never missed a beat.

I had a 2002 Alfa 156 2.4 JTD 10v Sportwagon and absolutely loved it. Bought it with a blown alternator (pulley had seized causing the alternator to over heat.....one fixed it was a great car and economical also. Definitely would one of these either in saloon or sportwagon but will be while before they come affordable to me!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.