New Alfa Romeo Giulia due next year. "WOW"

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
I may start saving cause I am in love big style.

Alfa has turned to the Prancing Horse for its flagship engine. It’s a 3.8-litre V6 Bi-turbo petrol unit, pumping out an astonishing 503bhp. That’s a full 78bhp more than the BMW M3, and right up with the Mercedes-AMG C63 S. It is also available with either rear or four-wheel drive, a radical departure from the front-wheel drive 156 and 159. The QV is capable of 0-62mph in 3.9 seconds, faster than almost all of its main rivals.

Alfa claims 50/50 weight distribution, and extensive use of lightweight materials throughout including aluminium for the wings, doors and rear crossmemeber, carbon-fibre for the bonnet and roof and use of composites. Despite the focus on lightness, the firm is claiming best-in-class torsional rigidity. Sophisticated multi-link rear suspension and double-wishbone front suspension is used for every variant of the Giulia. It's claimed that the new car offers 3hp per kilo, and we can expect even the top variants to weight around 1,500kg.

2b_0.jpg

1b_0.jpg

hp3_0.jpg

Last edited:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Think I'll be joining you with the saving, lovely looking car!

pablo

RMS Moderator
No need to save. Simply wait a few extra months and pick one up for the same price as a 12 year old diesel A4. Assuming of course anyone actually buys them in the first place.

I think that will be a great seller if priced right.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
That looks amazing, alfa have been missing a proper fast 'family saloon' from their stable for a good while. A bit jaguary looking with the front lights

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Awesome I am genuinely excited about this...Love my Alfas and this looks like a cracker...wonder will they do a Sportwagon...

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Any word on price? Very Audi looking rear with the lights

Edit: Bet this will be Alfa 8C money, £170,000+

Last edited:

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
If ever there was a car that was built to be leased it is that one. Beautiful, fast, likely to depreciate like a brick with the potential to throw up huge bills after 3years.
I'd love one.
I also appreciate how they have put the vent, faux or otherwise on the wing in the right looking place rather than BMW who have all theirs about 4inches too low to my eyes.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
I usually think Alfas look fantastic and this does from the rear but the design on the front gets a (n) from me.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.