New Average Speed Cameras on Saintfield Road

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
About 15 years ago there were about 4 or 5 people killed in just crx's between Ivanhoe and Purdysburn over the course of about 12 months plus another fatality not long ago when an elderly man was hit and killed crossing the road.

Late at night it would be a fast road where 3 figure speeds would be easily hit

I knew the 2 guys that got killed in the crx before kfc.They where good friends of mine.it was August 2002 he had a red crx.I remember seeing the car.wasnt a pretty picture.It was quite tragic.My mate said it was lift off oversteer what made the car go across the road.If I’m correct the one in Ivanhoe was a year or 2 earlier.around the summer time.

brendy

RMS Regular
I knew the 2 guys that got killed in the crx before kfc.They where good friends of mine.it was August 2002 he had a red crx.I remember seeing the car.wasnt a pretty picture.It was quite tragic.My mate said it was lift off oversteer what made the car go across the road.If I’m correct the one in Ivanhoe was a year or 2 earlier.around the summer time.
yea there was barely a year between. they simply snapped in half.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
About 15 years ago there were about 4 or 5 people killed in just crx's between Ivanhoe and Purdysburn over the course of about 12 months plus another fatality not long ago when an elderly man was hit and killed crossing the road.

Late at night it would be a fast road where 3 figure speeds would be easily hit

That big crash, about 15 years ago, might that have been the one where the car was a ringer and it split in two? I think a cousin of a friend of mine was involved in that accident.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
That's it. Inbetween those 2 crashes there was another guy a mate knew killed out near Kinallen. In about a year there were 4 people, who mates knew, killed in crx's.

If I remember right didn't the passenger killed just have a fight with his parents before he left the house or something like that

peter38

RMS Member
Just a quick question does traffic lights affect the average speed cameras.

i was driving up from Belfast and called into the bp station and i left heading to Saintfield see the last 2 cameras there is traffic lights between them would that affect the outcome and see the last camera does it take your number plate before the 30 mph at the roundabout

Attachments

• 20230407_214545000_iOS.png
    20230407_214545000_iOS.png
    1 MB · Views: 44

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Just a quick question does traffic lights affect the average speed cameras.

i was driving up from Belfast and called into the bp station and i left heading to Saintfield see the last 2 cameras there is traffic lights between them would that affect the outcome and see the last camera does it take your number plate before the 30 mph at the roundabout
Where you being a naughty boy 😂

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.