New car - Audi A6 Avant thoughts

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
It’s time for me to change car, it’s a big deal as I usually keep a car for at least 10 years.

I’ve said I’d never have another Audi but I went to see this yesterday and am very tempted.

Used Audi A6 Avant | West Tullos | John Clark Motorchoice

I know next to nothing about them in terms of what is a desirable spec to have, value and reliability.

This one is 2013, has 47k, looked immaculate inside and asking price is £16k.

Any thoughts or advice for the uninitiated?

69A64589-4674-43AA-B42C-7279E76C80F3.jpeg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Great cars, great engine. Do it.

Edit- fairly basic spec on that. No bose, basic nav, standard wheels. Should be able to get 1 with some extras for the same sort of price.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Look like our work cars and they have proven very competent..... check that the gearbox recall has been done as ours are now giving major headaches around the 150k mark, coolant related issues also at the same mileage.... though ours are not used as a domestic driver would use a personal car!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I bought a 2015 facelift one in Febuary this year. I opted to buy one from an Audi dealer for a number of reasons. The 12 month warranty provided and two free services (one minor and one major) were included.

Alot of the ones I looked it were very basic spec wise (ie no heated seats etc). I increased my budget and went for one which was highly specced and had the Tech Pack.

In my opinion the BOSE sound, heated seats and Tech Pack are the options you want. The tech pack gives you the bigger screen etc. There are loads of them for sale so just wait for one with the right spec.

I was initially looking at the 2.0 TDI Ultra then decided to go for the 3.0 TDI Quattro. It's a great engine, plenty of power, smooth, doesnt sound too agricultural for a diesel, comfortable and tonnes of space.

Think ours is around £140 per year tax and is returning around 34/35 mpg with a mixture of driving.

Here's a link to mine to give you an idea of the spec you can get on them.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
OP
Ghisallo
Great comments guys, thanks.

I bought a 2015 facelift one in Febuary this year. I opted to buy one from an Audi dealer for a number of reasons. The 12 month warranty provided and two free services (one minor and one major) were included.

Alot of the ones I looked it were very basic spec wise (ie no heated seats etc). I increased my budget and went for one which was highly specced and had the Tech Pack.

In my opinion the BOSE sound, heated seats and Tech Pack are the options you want. The tech pack gives you the bigger screen etc. There are loads of them for sale so just wait for one with the right spec.

I was initially looking at the 2.0 TDI Ultra then decided to go for the 3.0 TDI Quattro. It's a great engine, plenty of power, smooth, doesnt sound too agricultural for a diesel, comfortable and tonnes of space.

Think ours is around £140 per year tax and is returning around 34/35 mpg with a mixture of driving.

Here's a link to mine to give you an idea of the spec you can get on them.

I read your thread earlier, you got a smashing one, probably exactly what I should be looking out for.

Audi_TTS

RMS Regular
I own a 2016 2.0 Black ed avant - 3.0 no doubt delivers a completely different driving experience but the car, engine size aside, is fantastic - Boot, despite tapering off to give the car sleeker lines is more than you'll need. We've managed 3 large suitcases, 2 small suitcases, hand bags and a kids buggy in the boot with the seats still upright.

Tech wise its just enough essential parts really - Even in 2013 it was a little behind on the 5 series. Mapping is a bit poor and to get up upgraded to the latest maps is a form of legal robbery from Audi (if anyone has knowledge of cheaper maps upgrades DM me!!)

Comfort is bang on. Ive not looked at prices but cant help thinking £16k is a bit pricey. but now i have looked maybe not given the milage lol >> Check out this Audi A6 Avant that I have just found on #motorscouk

You wont be dissapointed regardless

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Nice cars - make sure all service requirements are up-to date and completed and you can't really go wrong with them.

Fairly basic spec that as said - although nothing a set of tints to the rear and de-chromed wouldn't fix.

Some extras you may consider as above, BOSE, upgraded TTRS alloys or the likes, upgraded nav.

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
Ive had mine just over 18months now and i cant fault it. Its 2015, 2.0Tdi 190Bhp. When i bought it i didnt give near that money for it. Im sure you could get a higher spec if you shopped around. Mine has a few extras but not top of the range. Id def recommend it - they hold their money too so if youre not happy im sure you could shift it on with much hassles or loss.

Mine-
9358CE50-CC7D-498F-B703-09DD7A5B3D0A.jpeg