New car companies you've never heard of

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
For years in work all new contracts were with big recognizable cars brands that even anyone who hadn't the slightest interest in cars has heard off.
This past while though struck by how many new names who are placing big orders whos name I had to google just to find out about.
A lot of these companies come and go but by big orders I mean that peak orders are beyond the total number of vehicles a company like Porsche sell in a year, which puts these in the not fking about category.
Sales don't always get to peak orders but they are usually not a million miles away on scale - you are essentially paying for an entire scaled supply chain that you won't need if you are wrong so its usually a near enough indication.

Two big ones that have nothing for sale yet. (no idea if they will ever be for sale in UK)

download (4).jpeg

images (1).jpeg

images (2).jpeg

images (3).jpeg

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
BYD

A gigantic, vertically integrated company that manufactures electronics, lithium-ion batteries, cars/buses/forklift trucks/etc and renewable energy and battery storage systems.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
BYD

A gigantic, vertically integrated company that manufactures electronics, lithium-ion batteries, cars/buses/forklift trucks/etc and renewable energy and battery storage systems.
My neighbour got a BYD Atto 3 last week. Said it was one of the first in the UK, and he hadn’t heard of them either before he got it. Looks a very nice car. Has a weird three string instrument thing on the door which you can strum 😂

Gavlar

RMS Regular
My neighbour got a BYD Atto 3 last week. Said it was one of the first in the UK, and he hadn’t heard of them either before he got it. Looks a very nice car. Has a weird three string instrument thing on the door which you can strum 😂
Looks like a Chinese Cupra Born knockoff!

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
For years in work all new contracts were with big recognizable cars brands that even anyone who hadn't the slightest interest in cars has heard off.
This past while though struck by how many new names who are placing big orders whos name I had to google just to find out about.
A lot of these companies come and go but by big orders I mean that peak orders are beyond the total number of vehicles a company like Porsche sell in a year, which puts these in the not fking about category.
Sales don't always get to peak orders but they are usually not a million miles away on scale - you are essentially paying for an entire scaled supply chain that you won't need if you are wrong so its usually a near enough indication.

Two big ones that have nothing for sale yet. (no idea if they will ever be for sale in UK)

View attachment 347081

View attachment 347082

View attachment 347083

View attachment 347084

Some cool ideas with the pickup, side opening is a handy design.

Screenshot_20230403_075420_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230403_075433_Chrome.jpg

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4

Assume you're in NI? That is defo one of the first, I didn't think they'd delivered any yet. The interior is rather weird. Charles Hurst are opening a dealership imminently.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul

The BYD Han looks pretty good.

F04.jpg

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB

Had to look up the strings! Strange feature. Not a bad interior all the same

ATTO 3.jpg

That one is a GWM (Great Wall Motors)

One of the guys in work has a Great Wall Steed pickup (Isuzu Rodeo based body) but it's a complete heap. It's called the Great Wall Wingle in China which is a ridiculous name

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Assume you're in NI? That is defo one of the first, I didn't think they'd delivered any yet. The interior is rather weird. Charles Hurst are opening a dealership imminently.

I’m in Scotland. I’m not sure if there’s a dealership up here either yet, but he got his from Arnold Clark. It was their first one. He was in urgent need of a car so was forced to take the double plunge of buying an unknown brand from Scotland’s dealer of ill repute 😂

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Unfortunately I don't think the Han is coming to the UK, the underlying architecture is not compatible with RHD. Mainland Europe are getting it though.

One of the next models the UK will get is the Seal/Atto4:

Quite MG4-y at the front.

Did Xpeng ever come to the UK?