New car. Kouki 180sx

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I'd love a set too but finding them would be the difficulty, then affording them lol.
I can't, I've already a thing against me for no front plate so if i'm caught again I get points and a fine :worried:

Points & a fine? We're u honest about it ie sorry office but it looks boss with no front plate or did you go for the ops it must have fallen off approach? They record they have pulled u about it yeah?

matt89

RMS Member
that thing is stunning!! ive always wanted one but couldnt find a clean enough example. if you ever want swap for an is200 sport and my left nut,please....get in contact.

Damage_Inc

RMS Regular
OP
Damage_Inc
Drives
Evo VIII
Points & a fine? We're u honest about it ie sorry office but it looks boss with no front plate or did you go for the ops it must have fallen off approach? They record they have pulled u about it yeah?

It was always on the dash lol. Last time I got pulled I had a valid excuse as the car was literally just wrapped but because i'd been caught before a record was made and i've 12 months to go before I can be caught again with no consequences lol

That was me in the red mx5 at japdreamz btw :grinning:

Good to meet you :grinning: hopefully the next one will actually have a turnout lol.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
It was always on the dash lol. Last time I got pulled I had a valid excuse as the car was literally just wrapped but because i'd been caught before a record was made and i've 12 months to go before I can be caught again with no consequences lol

Good to meet you :grinning: hopefully the next one will actually have a turnout lol.

I've been running nearly a full year now with no front plate at all. Never stopped lol

Rx8 = stealth

Damage_Inc

RMS Regular
OP
Damage_Inc
Drives
Evo VIII
I've been running nearly a full year now with no front plate at all. Never stopped lol

Rx8 = stealth

I've always got scooped for it lol. In the civic I made it a few months but they got me at a checkpoint :worried:
Think I was more unlucky than anything to get the same fella twice. He's on RMS btw so the rx8 might be stealth no longer :p saw your car at Elim, really clean rx8 and love the fly eye kit :grinning:

Cheers Tinners for the impromptu photo last night :grinning:

Damage_Inc

RMS Regular
OP
Damage_Inc
Drives
Evo VIII
So, took the car down to Richard Bradley's to be mapped and his keen ear heard the feintest of knocks. The engine wasn't low on oil and the bearings were recently done so that left the crank which was obviously marked in a previous life :worried:

That led to a trip down to Japanese Performance just outside Dublin for another non VVT SR which was bought and collected after a compression test
270199_10200197133311105_237058917_n.jpg
1004482_10200197134191127_2138033046_n.jpg

So got the engine back up here to discover while changing the gearbox etc over that my old clutch (only in since september last year and rarely given much abuse) was almost done. So that's a massive thumbs down for Competition Clutches there, will be going ACT next time. Since I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment I got the current clutch reconditioned with new pads.

Yesterday saw the new engine with everything swapped over and ready to go in, it's now in and running with all new engine oil, gearbox oil, spark plugs and oil filter (y) (huge thanks to japstuff for the great work as usual and in such a short time)

554598_10200205812928090_471684515_n.jpg

Also bought some genuine Defis so they will be in when it's all back together, along with my HKS SSQV. As much I loved the turbo chatter i've grown tired of it again so need some proper dump noise :grinning:

1002985_10200168580277297_520967293_n.jpg

So all in all, a very expensive week lol.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
some job
Always curious though, how people do a compression test when the engine is sitting on a pallet. ?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Looks great, sucks about the engine but at least its sorted now.

Would love to see a set of deep Miester SP1's on that :cool::cool:

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
That was a fun and unexpected road trip lol. Glad the car is all back together again!

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
some job
Always curious though, how people do a compression test when the engine is sitting on a pallet. ?

Surely you wind in the compression tester then turn the engine over a few times with a bar just eager, doesn't matter how fast the engine turns it should still make the same pressure.

mi16chris

RMS Regular
Drives
210hp clio 182
Starter is the best bet u would never get a good reading doing it by hand man won't have the speed and u get leakage from the rings etc going that slow , a cylinder leakage test would be better if u have no way of turning it over

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
I thought you might of got a bit of leakage from the rings and other areas wasnt sure how much though.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Surely you wind in the compression tester then turn the engine over a few times with a bar just eager, doesn't matter how fast the engine turns it should still make the same pressure.

But the engine will also be cold. Compression test should be done at operating temp, and as said above, takes a quick turn over to build compression

Damage_Inc

RMS Regular
OP
Damage_Inc
Drives
Evo VIII
Just to clarify the engine wasn't on a pallet while the test was done lol. These pictures were taken by me when collecting it, it had already been tested etc before I decided then told him to prep for collection and headed down for it :grinning:

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Such a lovely car, I hope you'll get to enjoy it after all this hard work/money gone into it.

Damage_Inc

RMS Regular
OP
Damage_Inc
Drives
Evo VIII
Thanks for the positive comments :grinning:
Got it back today and the thermostat and/or water pump on the new engine is shot, it's running fine but warmer than i'd like. I've 4 separate readings for water temp in the car from the Power FC, gauge, fan controller and the dash, the one on the dash climbs gradually right to the top, due to where it is it would indicate that the thermostat isn't opening as it should so that's being sorted first thing in the morning, then finally get the thing mapped and drive away at it while I wait for Coleraine to pull their fingers out and send me the tax book so I can get my plate onto it (y)

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
stupid thermostats, got the same problem on the EG at the minute so need to fit new one today. Car looks good mate (y)

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Jesus mate, didn't know all this was going on! Crazy stuff. At least you're treating the old girl well! (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.