New Car - RS6

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Brilliant Tufty
Won't take you long getting used to it and the RS4 feeling slow!

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Brilliant Tufty
Won't take you long getting used to it and the RS4 feeling slow!

Thats the day im not looking forward to as i dont want to chase more power. The only thing im doing to this in number plate of some sort and exhaust as to fair its not the loudest of cars and the RS4 sounds better currently lol.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Thats the day im not looking forward to as i dont want to chase more power. The only thing im doing to this in number plate of some sort and exhaust as to fair its not the loudest of cars and the RS4 sounds better currently lol.

If you think yours is quiet you can probably imagine the standard exhaust being very very quiet, hence why I went mad for noise 😈

I'm thinking looking at your pics that one of the previous owners fitted a tint film over the headlights, the chrome on mine were way brighter before I had them painted. I can't imagine the tint film doing the headlight output any favours

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
If you think yours is quiet you can probably imagine the standard exhaust being very very quiet, hence why I went mad for noise 😈

I'm thinking looking at your pics that one of the previous owners fitted a tint film over the headlights, the chrome on mine were way brighter before I had them painted. I can't imagine the tint film doing the headlight output any favours

Compared to yours im very quiet all that seems to be done to mine is secondary cats removed and i need some noise coming from it lol.

I think you could be right about the headlamps I will check them later when im washing it.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
This afternoon I called over to Canavans as im looking abit more noise from the car so he put it over the pit to have a wee look. He called me over to show me the 6 blow outs the car has and that its a Full Milltek system fitted to it so needless to say ive the car booked in tomorrow to remove both centre box`s.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
This afternoon I called over to Canavans as im looking abit more noise from the car so he put it over the pit to have a wee look. He called me over to show me the 6 blow outs the car has and that its a Full Milltek system fitted to it so needless to say ive the car booked in tomorrow to remove both centre box`s.

Canavans is about a minute away from my house - if I'd have known you were there I'd have told you to call in for a cup of tea :p

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Mark is hard to beat, did my m5 exhaust 7 years ago and no problems. Also did my e34 and s2000 exhaust

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Milltek have lost the plot with warranty. Only the original purchaser is covered. If there is a milltek invoice in service history you may have an outside chance of getting a replacement section. You will know this anyway tufty but worth pointing out to any other owners with a milltek system fitted to their car

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
What a crazy crazy car! Love the attitude also when it came to buying it, life is too short!

Here’s to many happy miles 🍻

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Milltek have lost the plot with warranty. Only the original purchaser is covered. If there is a milltek invoice in service history you may have an outside chance of getting a replacement section. You will know this anyway tufty but worth pointing out to any other owners with a milltek system fitted to their car

I rang them yesterday and they wont do anything for me as as you mentioned im not the original purchaser so fingers crossed Canavans can delete them today and replace with a nice bit of stainless pipe.

What a crazy crazy car! Love the attitude also when it came to buying it, life is too short!

Here’s to many happy miles 🍻

It really is bonkers in a good way i am so impressed with it both handling and acceleration. In corners it doesn't feel like a big car it feels almost as nimble as a Golf R if that makes sense.

I have been looking one for a while now and having the wife on board from the word go was awesome its more her doing than mine she told me to grow a set and get it after the ***** few months of health ive had recently.

Last edited:

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Glad you changed title to RS6

Yea the New Car thing was kinda boring and i didnt think i could of changed it thankfully i can :grinning:.

I will try get a video up at some point it’s had the two centre box’s deleted so it’s now a full non res milltek. I got tired of looking at it dirty this afternoon
so i give it a wee wash.

AAEE7C2A-1811-473A-A605-D1DFF6B605AC.jpeg

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Absolutely love that, it must be seriously fast with that power, have you had a run with anything else that you could compare it against?

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@Burt2000 ive had a little play with my RS4 but it wouldnt hold a candle to it. Its mental how well it picks up and goes. In the four i had a play with a Golf R and it was tight to about 110 the other night i had a Golf R come hunt me down and I didnt have to change a gear to leave it by about 20 car lengths.

Last night i had some misfortune while at Rushmere a young man decide he would kiss my wing and bumper and then give me the run around with wrong name and number but thankfully a good friend was able to track him down and we got all the right details. I am gutted as ive only had the car six days and ive never been in an accident so this is all new to me but ive since handed it all over to Alpha Accident and they are sorting it all out they are hoping by Wednesday they will have the car in the repair shop and knowing this its a big weight off my shoulders.

EB87A4E3-EBC4-46AB-80F1-DC518D9B0FEF.jpeg

Last edited: