New car suggestions

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
So after 5.5 years of driving a car I've never liked as it's too small and slow it's time for me to change to something that puts a smile on my face, I really haven't a clue what to go for so need help.

I currently do a ten mile commute so don't need a Diesel, I'd like something with a bit of power with leg room for carrying passengers and boot space for shopping, budget is 15-20k and no I don't want a Jimny :joy: I'm not keen on something that's RWD as I'd most likely bin it in the wet or winter, oo and I don't like red cars unless it's a classic Mini.

Thanks in advance for any sensible suggestions.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Mk7 Golf GTI has to be up there!

Audi S3 is a good shout also, but don't discount a BMW M135i, brilliant cars!

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
Audi S3?

Or bigger?

Possibly bigger.

Mini Cooper JCW?
I am 6’4” and had plenty of room.

Deffo not a mini, Courtney is 5ft 8 now age 13 and if Adam and I are in the front there is no where for her big lanky legs.
Mk7 Golf GTI has to be up there!

Audi S3 is a good shout also, but don't discount a BMW M135i, brilliant cars!

I've been told build quality of mk7 Golfs is poor and I'm not sure I'm a fan of Golfs, mainly as there are so many of them around.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Possibly bigger.

Deffo not a mini, Courtney is 5ft 8 now age 13 and if Adam and I are in the front there is no where for her big lanky legs.

I've been told build quality of mk7 Golfs is poor and I'm not sure I'm a fan of Golfs, mainly as there are so many of them around.
S3 sportsback or s3 saloon 😉

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Was gonna suggest this but it’s rear wheel drive (n) :joy: Fits most of your criteria
A4BCD43C-31DB-4183-B879-B71A657B4C2A.jpeg

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Golf R or S3...... But I may be biased as I think both are the best do all cars you can buy. Loved my golf R dsg and mistakenly sold it, looked around at lots of alternatives and ended up with an S3 😂. Both are dull but that's why they're great every day.

The build quality is fine on both

robert106

RMS Regular
Drives
172 clio
So after 5.5 years of driving a car I've never liked as it's too small and slow it's time for me to change to something that puts a smile on my face, I really haven't a clue what to go for so need help.

I currently do a ten mile commute so don't need a Diesel, I'd like something with a bit of power with leg room for carrying passengers and boot space for shopping, budget is 15-20k and no I don't want a Jimny :joy: I'm not keen on something that's RWD as I'd most likely bin it in the wet or winter, oo and I don't like red cars unless it's a classic Mini.

Nice problem to have, for sure. If it was me I'd get a slightly cheaper car , like 10k GTi , st etc type of thing and put the rest on the mortgage!
Your bound to get something suitable at that range, or if you'd prefer newer stuff just go the full job and lease a brand new car.

brendy

RMS Regular

37baba.jpg

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
Nice problem to have, for sure. If it was me I'd get a slightly cheaper car , like 10k GTi , st etc type of thing and put the rest on the mortgage!
Your bound to get something suitable at that range, or if you'd prefer newer stuff just go the full job and lease a brand new car.

I'm in the fortunate position that I don't have a mortgage and don't need finance so it's time to treat myself and drive something that I enjoy.

I just can't decide what to go for, I've loved Evos for over 20 years but think as a daily I'd soon tire of the rashness.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.