New car suggestions

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
Those 508s going to come to uk with decent petrol engine? Would probably wait 3 years until they’re £5k mind you.

Couple of choices, 1.2L 130bhp / 1.6L 180bhp or 225bhp. Our demo is the 225bhp with the 8speed auto and I like driving it. They’re a lot better on the residuals than the Peugeot’s of old!

Reactions: Ben

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Has anyone mentioned golf r estate? Are they within budget?

Few RMSers have had them and they’re an ultimate q car

Reactions: Mel

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
1565901860056.png

1565902063456.png

Reactions: Ben

jonny.92

RMS Regular
Do you really need to have an estate? A mk7 golf has more than double the boot space of the Adam even in the hatch guise, and has plenty of room for 5 adults in my experience.

Adam - 170L
Golf - 380L

Me and the wife lived with a mk7 GTD (red & diesel - gasp :joy:) for 3 years, with multiple trips to Ikea during a house move and never felt short of space.

Can you take a photo of your next Tesco/Ikea shop out of interest? lol

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Is travelling to the mainland putting you off? I think I’ve done it for around 75% of the cars I’ve bought. I just find one over here that’s close to but not exactly what I’m looking for spec wise so I know how it drives etc...

Nice one below, they need someone new to take decent photos though.

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201908121050871
1565903658695.jpeg

zafturbo

RMS Regular
My only worry about going to England for a car is to be told a few porkies in the salesman describing his car to be mint and to find it’s actually a polo mint .i recently bought a car over the phone being described as stunning condition ,let’s say it is now after a trip to ag automotive to sort it out.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
@CharlySkunkWeed @Mel I think the levorg is an awesome wagon, granted it's an unimpressive engine/power configuration, but sure aren't Subaru's bought to be tuned? 🤔😂

I'd have one and drop in a twin scroll Jap spec 2.0 🙈 get an sti kit and see chrome the daft SINGLE strip of chrome under the side windows lmao

Aside from that I think the ST estate that's been mentioned a few times are a very nice looking car!

I also really like the Volvo V60 polestar, although they're a smidge over budget at 25k lmao

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
@CharlySkunkWeed @Mel I think the levorg is an awesome wagon, granted it's an unimpressive engine/power configuration, but sure aren't Subaru's bought to be tuned? 🤔😂

I'd have one and drop in a twin scroll Jap spec 2.0 🙈 get an sti kit and see chrome the daft SINGLE strip of chrome under the side windows lmao

Aside from that I think the ST estate that's been mentioned a few times are a very nice looking car!

I also really like the Volvo V60 polestar, although they're a smidge over budget at 25k lmao

Cool...but £555 a year tax not cool ! lol It's a pity great cars like that get ****ed by tax.

Realistically though the D5 version would have plenty of power for a daily, cheaper to run and tax. Maybe sad some diesels are so good these days

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Cool...but £555 a year tax not cool ! lol It's a pity great cars like that get ****ed by tax.

Realistically though the D5 version would have plenty of power for a daily, cheaper to run and tax. Maybe sad some diesels are so good these days

That's what put me off them too, my justification was if I'm paying that much tax a year in buying a 6.2 V8 Merc or the RS6 I ended up with 😂😂😂

Polestar blue looks the absolute nutts though!! One of the coolest modern wagons about

Edit: what annoys me most about the Volvo is the fact that the Germans have higher power 3L 6's coming in at the sub £300 tax band, so it's obviously something Volvo did emissions wise, or else the Germans are cheating at petrol emissions as well as diesels...

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
My only worry about going to England for a car is to be told a few porkies in the salesman describing his car to be mint and to find it’s actually a polo mint .i recently bought a car over the phone being described as stunning condition ,let’s say it is now after a trip to ag automotive to sort it out.
What was wrong with it?

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
Yep @zafturbo I'd hate to get over there and the car be rough plus how would warranty work.

@quattro Rick I still really like the Levorg but want to go test drive a few other cars first, it can be mapped to 220bhp which would be plenty for me coming from a 100bhp Adam.

@E4mon that looks superb 🤩

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Yep @zafturbo I'd hate to get over there and the car be rough plus how would warranty work.

@quattro Rick I still really like the Levorg but want to go test drive a few other cars first, it can be mapped to 220bhp which would be plenty for me coming from a 100bhp Adam.

@E4mon that looks superb 🤩

That's actually plenty!! It's a surprisingly light car, I remember seeing the stats when they were being launched, just looked and they're 1550kg or so kerb

With 220 that would be a decently quick car!

Plus you can get a subtle exhaust to release that burble!!!

Always liked foresters and legacy's

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I quite like the new leon cupras. I'd have one over the R estate to be honest.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Kyle’s old car?

I agree about taking one over a Golf R but don’t want to upset @Lyons lol

Lol, I agree they are a nicer looking car but for an all rounder I’d have the Golf. The interior is nicer n my opinion and definitely feels better put together.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Lol, I agree they are a nicer looking car but for an all rounder I’d have the Golf. The interior is nicer n my opinion and definitely feels better put together.

To be fair when I closed the GTD doors over the cupra they had more of a clunk so definitely a heavier door. But I loved my Cupra

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.