New corvette

jferg

RMS Regular
https___blogs-images.forbes.com_jacknerad2_files_2019_07_Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-LEDE-3-12...jpg

Oh my, the new corvette is a bit pretty and coming to the UK 😳

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
i think they look really well and definitely a potential game changer for them ... mid engine goodness

if it drives as well as it looks it could do well this side of the pond but will depend on if they get the pricing right

positive reactions in the US

bob

RMS Regular
On paper everything about the car sounds right so hopefully it comes together as planned, fantastic looking thing inside and out. Super value for money in the states, no idea what they’ll charge here.

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
The last one seems to have been well received and this looks fantastic

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
I had a 2017 Corvette when I was in Vegas earlier this year and absolutely loved it. I wouldn't even think twice about buying one here. That looks absolutely amazing too.

pkn

RMS Regular
Drives
Evora S / 159
Chevy have absolutely nailed this. Always loved the Z06 but this is on another level, especially if it comes in RHD.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I thought it was very Ferrari 458 looking, which is no bad thing if you ask me.
However, if I had the money to spend on one, I still think I'd let someone else buy it new while I enjoyed a second hand Ferrari or Lambo for a year or 2!

Reactions: bob

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Some value in the States. Watched the launch online, NA 500hp mid engine v8 with that sort of performance makes it a hell of a car

Reactions: Ben

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Apparently it starts at US$60k ?

So over here that's bound to be £120k.

American "list" prices are never really the list price though, here a car is advertised as being £60k, that's what you pay, unless you get discount etc

There $60k is before tax, vat and whatever other fees they hide from the sticker 😑

My biggest gripe when in America was nothing ever cost what it said it did...

But there will be a guaranteed UK import markup, can't see it being over £100k though 🤔

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Really like that! Also interested to see UK prices when they release them

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Really like that! Also interested to see UK prices when they release them
Be £80k + I’ll be very surprised if not. Funny Chris Harris talks about it in his latest podcast and discusses the very same topic.
Basically at 60k it’s a seller but at 80k all of a sudden different things such as switchgear quality suddenly come into play ...