New daily, or more correctly two of them

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Decided I needed a new daily, ended up with two. Yolo and all that.

Golf R so far has scorpion turbo back exhaust, low and high pressure pumps, airtech intercooler, inlet, new turbo on route from the US (eqt typhoon), also forged pistons and rods and a slightly larger set of port injectors. Considering a DQ500 gearbag for it also. Swapped the head unit to to the mib 2.5 one whatever that is. Has android auto which is nice.

Forester Sti fresh from Torque GT delivered by RSG this morning, standard atm - hayward and Scott 3"system ordered this afternoon and might leave it fairly standard (although I did nab a walbro fuel pump and a new air filter for it on ebay). Got the tactrix open port for it so can mess with the standard ecu a bit.

Attached are the worlds worst photos. 20221125_133714.jpg 20221125_133705.jpg 20221125_102551.jpg 20221125_133801.jpg

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Both are lovely two nice shades of blue.

I must get a run down some day to have a closer look.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
OP
Mark_C
Nice pair indeed - what made you choose both?

The fozzy looks like it has the STI genome exhaust on it which is worth a fair few £££

Was a bit of a yolo buy on the Golf. Had the forester bought and was waiting on it being registered - that one came up on here in great order and I've always fancied trying one of them. Yeah, it has the genome exhaust, have ordered a H&S system for it though.
Both are lovely two nice shades of blue.

I must get a run down some day to have a closer look.
Definitely do!

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
H&S system sounds well on the fsti. Not sure the sent me the sti backbox as the tip sticks out 20-30mm more than i would've liked but sounds well and not too droney (I've the sport cat in the dp). They just work so well for everything, except fuel economy. Health to drive

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
Nice I know Matt through the Del Sol groups and him being a client with the carbon stuff. H's not a bad spud and the machines they get at Torque are quite tasty

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Class! Torque GT are good to deal with too, the fella Darren I dealt with was a real nice & helpful guy. I had him tortured too lol

All the best with the pair of them! (y)

Mark_C

RMS Regular
OP
Mark_C
Got these before Xmas, hybrid for the subaru and large turbo (eqt typhoon) for the golf. Will get them fired on presently. Should leave the golf fairly rapid.

Attachments

• IMG-20230110-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230110-WA0000.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 125

Mark_C

RMS Regular
OP
Mark_C
What hybrid did you go for on the forester?

Its a turbo technics just, was really cheap. T36 I think it is. They had some problems a few years back when first produced, but looks like theyre solved. Mostly around oil control.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Rough price Mark? I’m going to get the standard vf30 mapped first and then go for something bigger down the line. I Was thinking something like an SC42. Anything up around the 400bhp mark would be nice

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
That’s a good price. I’ve been looking up the likes of an RCM 400 or 450 or a sc42 and they are all around the £1500 mark