New Defender Details Leaked

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Big landrover fan but i think its a bit of a strech starting price of 45k and youre into 60k very quickly for any spec, pretty much rangerover money for essentially the same tech specs and drivetrain. i think they have missed thier base customers.

Artoir

RMS Regular
OP
Artoir
Drives
V8/V6
Big landrover fan but i think its a bit of a strech starting price of 45k and youre into 60k very quickly for any spec, pretty much rangerover money for essentially the same tech specs and drivetrain. i think they have missed thier base customers.

Full fat RR is well north of 60k now!

Reactions: Ged

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
I don’t hate it but I don’t exactly like it either. It is too expensive and also in my mind doesn’t appeal to the true nature of the Defender name. It’s not built for farmers or modify yourself off-roaders. I would stick to the old defender and the problem now is that I would say the old defenders are just going to keep going up in price as a lot of people will not see this as a replacement.

Reactions: Ged

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Full fat RR is well north of 60k now!

I meant a velair, i know what id rather be in. at that money, Specced up a 110 with the 300hp engine online, 85K. i dont think ill be buying one, its now in luxury SUV territory not a utility vehicle. Time will tell but i dont think ull see to many on farms. With ford rangers starting from 19K etc

Sure the americans and rich boys will be buying em up. should have chosen a different name i reckon.

Lee

RMS Regular
I remember my first and last drive in an old shape Defender. Pulled out of the driveway and almost done 180 degrees right back into the wall. Horrendous!

Bryan

RMS Regular
Just downloaded the brochure for a nosey... 106 pages flip me.

No longer a body on chassis design. I also see there is no manual transmission option either (same as the new Wrangler all going auto).

What is the stupid body coloured thing in the upper rear quarter panel? I think it would look better without that.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I feel the name "Defender" should have died with the old model and this one given a new name. To me, the Defender is a box tank and this, is not.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Carwow's verdict - seems everyone must have been invited down yesterday/today and had their slot with the cars!

Reactions: Ben

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Quite like it. The commercial version looks well with the solid rear panel.

EEFrd1AWkAAKgqA

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
I really like the look of them and think they done a good job of "remaking" the defender, granted they will never please everyone, but alot of change was down to the safety regulations etc thats required the orginial was WAY off the mark for. Looking forward to start getting them in etc, the "showroom demo tour" one should be starting doing the rounds soon.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Needs round headlights and a spare tyre on the bonnet.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I don’t mind it. Fair play to them for changing their target audience, it is certainly going to appeal to a massive market. Personally I just think it’s a bit sad that they have strayed so far from the simplistic utility vehicle approach, but £ talks! The likes of my father in law won’t be replacing his 90 with one anyway.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Can’t imagine you’d get a 50 cal mounted in the back. Roof doesn’t look like it comes off either. The commercial one looks much better because it doesn’t have that stupid body coloured detail in the quarter window.

So many utilitarian organisations and armies around the world rely on the defender as a workhorse. What are they going to buy now?

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
To me it looks like a new Freelander with a hint of Kia Soul about it. They were never going to replace the original.
I made the freelander comment too and would have guessed that’s what it was lol

Reactions: DC.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Can’t imagine you’d get a 50 cal mounted in the back. Roof doesn’t look like it comes off either. The commercial one looks much better because it doesn’t have that stupid body coloured detail in the quarter window.

So many utilitarian organisations and armies around the world rely on the defender as a workhorse. What are they going to buy now?

They haven’t been able to buy a Defender for 3 years and the volumes they did buy was tiny and completely unsustainable

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think they've got their customer base just perfect. BT9'ers taking Henry to rugby practice on a Saturday afternoon specials.

This (y)

Selling a few agricultural implements to tight farmers = no money.

Selling a toffroader for the school run with a token bike hanging off the back, and loads of "off-road" extras to look good on the curb outside the school?

Loadsamoney! They will be flying off the shelf.