New fiesta

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
dont say to the cop that your speedo is out cos then he will do you for driving an unroadworthy car......or for being a woman :lol:

rosie

RMS Regular
OP
rosie
Drives
anything that bl
mayb while he's it at he can do u for not bieng able to read! lol

Its not my car its the boyfriends!

I work n Essential Skills if you have a wee literacy "need"
lol

scotty

RMS Regular
Drives
ST Tdci / Saph
i think we've all confirmed that it was down a large hill, like i say, down the glenshane pass i was in a mk6 at an indicated 130mph, i took my car down it too but chickened out near 120, it was just way too light on the road!!!

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
i had my old corsa at 101 on the m1 one night but i know it wont do that speed cos it simply doesnt have the power, top book speed is 91mph on it.

i would go and see about getting the speedo calibrated if its that much out

scotty

RMS Regular
Drives
ST Tdci / Saph
rosie, was it down a big hill when it was reading 130?

errigle

RMS Regular
Fezari said:
errigle

any chance u can get in eibachs that lower 50 mils for the mk6 mate? just saw a a fez from portugal lowered 50 on these

Nope sorry mark, Eibach dont make the Sportline (50mm) Springs for the UK car (right-hand drive) , Eibach in germany if they do do them make them for the european model (left-hand drive) only

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
we accept that the speedo was reading 130 btu it doesnt mean it was actually doing it!

the 1.4 only has 79bhp? my 1.2 fez has 75 standard!! ford went downhill on that one! the old 1.4 fez from 98 has 90bhp as standard

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
rosie said:
now y wud the speedo b out?

Oh i'm sorry officer i thought because my speedo is out i can really do 40mph through the 30 limits?

afraid its true about the Speedos. Alot of them to tend to be out a bit. not saying that yours is or isn't!! but it does happen...

so how long did it take to get to 130....?

sideskirt

RMS Member
speedos go way out after 70mph, so 130 is balls for a 1.4 fez, 120 i could see at a push but it was a speedo eeror

Mr 106

RMS Regular
look at them .. they have the profile of bricks..

terminal velocity gotta be around the 115 mark

sideskirt

RMS Member
just think, maybe with viper stripes and a big bore exhaust you';d be able to do about 150 lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.