New Honda Monkey bike

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Haven't used it that much to be honest - I moved too far away from Belfast to use it for commuting, and the weather has been crap. On a good day they're still great craic, I'd say they'd be even more craic with a few mates out for a run on them together. Absolutely perfect for commuting. I'd definitely recommend one!

It's my first bike, but even after a few months I found myself craving more power. I'm planning to do my bike test within the next few months.

Sharkey

RMS Regular
How have you guys been finding these bikes? I'd be tempted with one for commuting.

@hannakournikova @Sharkey @Gaz VW

Same with me unfortunately, although mines only a toy really. Been out once this year.

I do like filtering through traffic in busy towns. Motorists really seem to hate it when you overtake them in stand still traffic.

I would also like a louder exhaust on it and better tyres. But in due course.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
I would also like a louder exhaust on it and better tyres. But in due course.

When I was in Thailand I saw a serious amount of modded ones. They go absolutely mental for them over there. Some were deafening!

Also, I'm in Lurgan again, we should meet up for a wee run out some nice evening/afternoon

John_MK5

RMS Regular
Would love one of these. I've a 6 mile commute to work over mountain road. Would be ideal for the summer

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Saw one of these at the bike run last sunday, they're really tiny. I imagine it would struggle on some of the steeper climbs but perfect for town or city riding.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Mine's due it's first service, does it have to go to Charles Hurst Honda? Would be far handier if I didn't have to go to Belfast.

Sharkey

RMS Regular
Mine's due it's first service, does it have to go to Charles Hurst Honda? Would be far handier if I didn't have to go to Belfast.

I left mine to them for the first one. 80 or 90 quid from memory. Did it while I waited, although said it would be an hour; it took nearly 2.

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
They are fun with a group of others. Get in trouble wild handy lol. As long as you buy proper service equipment.... which for them is just a 12mm washer and about 700ml of oil it counts. Although it gets more than an oil change on 1st service. It pays to look after them. @Sharkey ill appoligise for the time it took for your service it normally can be done in the hour or up to 1hr 30mins. It can depend on any set backs from previous jobs.

Sharkey

RMS Regular
They are fun with a group of others. Get in trouble wild handy lol. As long as you buy proper service equipment.... which for them is just a 12mm washer and about 700ml of oil it counts. Although it gets more than an oil change on 1st service. It pays to look after them. @Sharkey ill appoligise for the time it took for your service it normally can be done in the hour or up to 1hr 30mins. It can depend on any set backs from previous jobs.

No flip, no apology required. These things happen.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
I'm waiting on the 0% finance deal to raise its head again then I'm pulling the plug and buying one. Fooligan on youtube has me craving one badly, he literally wheelies his everywhere.

RevT

RMS Regular
I'm waiting on the 0% finance deal to raise its head again then I'm pulling the plug and buying one. Fooligan on youtube has me craving one badly, he literally wheelies his everywhere.

Can you post up on here if it does come about? It would do me as something to buy and pay off and help raise my credit rating and also double as a starter bike.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Will do. It's not dear at the minute @ 6.9% APR but I've really no need for it so I'll wait.