New motorcycle.... Yamaha S-P-ness.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

banksy6118

RMS Regular
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
Went into charles hursts to throw my leg over an mt10 and see how the ergonomics where....

Walked out after putting a deposit down in this.

More photos to come once it gets delivered.

69AA6D77-5A33-4C01-A089-2509613092B4.jpeg
2865D2E4-28B2-428C-88E5-CCEA4FC96163.jpeg
5C03CCB6-C86C-460C-90D6-C5108D802FDF.jpeg

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Was in there last week and saw that very bike.
Lucky boy.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
That shop scares me because I do silly things with bank details :p (and I cannot wait to do it!)

Please tell me the S P Ness reference is from 44teeth :joy:

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
They certainly call a spade a spade, the kind of journalism and reviews I like.

I'm biding my time before pulling pin on an MT07, job pending guarantee pending

migs

RMS Regular
Was that the demo SP? Id been putting off going to see it, simply because there was a chance I might of bought it lol... Ive absolutely no need to change my 2016 MT lol

Health to enjoy it! You will love it! There's just something so fun and raw about that engine!

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
The totally different internals and tune that make it not a true R1 lump is probably the highlight.

Yet to ride one but haven't seen a bad review for any of them so far

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
Was that the demo SP? Id been putting off going to see it, simply because there was a chance I might of bought it lol... Ive absolutely no need to change my 2016 MT lol

Health to enjoy it! You will love it! There's just something so fun and raw about that engine!
yes buddy its the ex demo. price on it is less than what a stock mt10 would cost in 2018 so i jumped on it!

can't wait to get it home and have it sat in my garage for a few months till it warms up.......

what a time of year to buy a bike ffs lol

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
Well done you won’t regret it, completely mental yoke. I’ve had a ball on mine this year

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
few changes from the last post.

Fitted yamaha heated grips.
Heard mixed reviews on them but they were the only grips i could find with the controls integral in the grip.
I hate the look of the external type control box such as oxford and R&G.

IMG_7804.jpg
IMG_7805.jpg

Next i got the leovince decat. WHAT A SOUND!!!!!

only had it fitted for around 200 mile though as i decided on a different can that uses a bespoke link pipe.
IMG_7719.jpg

fitted a puig screen a month or so back and last week i fitted an R1 shift lever so i could convert it to reverse shift.

The R1 lever is longer than the mt one by about an inch so. i decided to cut it then drill n tap the peg bit then just rin an m8 into it. its secure enough for now until i get my hands in a tig welder and tidy it up.

This setup allows you to keep the shift linkage in the pull setup allowing you to keep the oem QS sensor.

IMG_8339.jpg
IMG_8340.jpg

Finally is the new helmet to match the blue accents of the SP.

Going from a schuberth to this i was expecting alot of wind noise and a leser build quality but i was soooo wrong. HJC nailed it with this helmet!!
IMG_8432.jpg

New exhaust photos to follow when it arrives. may even treat you all to a sound clip!!

Attachments

• IMG_7912.JPG
    IMG_7912.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 74

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
Would you take £100 for the Leo Vinci link pipe?

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
No probs, what exhaust are you going for now?

Mine is still standard, I’m happy enough with the power as standard but I’d like her sounding a bit more fruity..and if I gain a few more horseys that would be welcome

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
No probs, what exhaust are you going for now?

Mine is still standard, I’m happy enough with the power as standard but I’d like her sounding a bit more fruity..and if I gain a few more horseys that would be welcome
going for the pipewerx r11. im happy with the power i just want a low slung pipe and abit of sound.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.