New New Top Gear Season 2 Ep 1 BBC2 Tonight

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Airhead

RMS Regular
I enjoy bits of both shows (neither is close to being perfect) but the idea that TGT is better than TG just doesn't compute for me! Still, it would be a dull world if we all agreed about stuff!

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Watching tonight’s episode and the Alfa Romeo Stelvio is appearing in it, did someone not say you can’t fit a towbar to one? If so then Top Gear have somehow done it??

scub

Banned
you see it started off so well with a bit of 3 kilos & then went rapidly down hill when that annoying d1ck Rory turned up !

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The Alpine going up in flames was unreal!! Though I did laugh at it being caused by an electrical fault.

Couldn’t believe the Volvos not taking the abuse either.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
The Alpine going up in flames was unreal!! Though I did laugh at it being caused by an electrical fault.

Couldn’t believe the Volvos not taking the abuse either.
They said during the studio bit that the fire was caused by a fuel leak?

And yea, I was surprised at the Volvo’s chocolate nature!!

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Watching tonight’s episode and the Alfa Romeo Stelvio is appearing in it, did someone not say you can’t fit a towbar to one? If so then Top Gear have somehow done it??

It was said on the Grand Tour you can't fit a towbar due to the routing of the exhaust. The Stelvio tested in the GT was a Quadrifoglio which has a different exhaust system to the one tested in TG.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
None of those cars were ever really designed to go off road though, Rory was wrong saying the Velar had ‘all’ the Range Rover off road tech too, can’t remember what exactly but it defo doesn’t have the same stuff as a proper RR or disco

Bryan

RMS Regular
None of those cars were ever really designed to go off road though, Rory was wrong saying the Velar had ‘all’ the Range Rover off road tech too, can’t remember what exactly but it defo doesn’t have the same stuff as a proper RR or disco

They said on the Grand Tour that it doesn't have a low range box.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Matt and chris in the suv’s full bore over the bumps was brilliant.

Still can’t stand Rory though, I find him very irritating

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I really enjoy the whole show.

Rory is fine, he doesn’t bother me at all.

I was surprised that no airbags went off when they were jumping the SUVs over the ramps

Not good for Volvo though that 2 of their motors failed

Also noticed that in one of the last scenes that the Velar has lost its undercarriage

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Actually managed to get watching this latest episode 'live'. Yep it's good, certainly enjoying it.

Agree on Rory though, I sighed when he showed up at the SUV test. It's odd how he can be innocuous yet so irritating at the same time!

KevM

RMS Regular
I really enjoy the whole show.

Rory is fine, he doesn’t bother me at all.

I was surprised that no airbags went off when they were jumping the SUVs over the ramps

Not good for Volvo though that 2 of their motors failed

Also noticed that in one of the last scenes that the Velar has lost its undercarriage

I remember when TG were in Belfast filming the Twingo RS, one of our techs had to go down and switch off the bags and ESP from memory. I’m fairly sure they popped the screen out and mocked it up with Perspex etc too

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.