New Norris Design Evo..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Rally cars are usually 4-door because the 4-door shell inherently has more structural rigidity and composure than a 2-door, believe it or not. I assume that in the case of this Evo, converting it to a 2-dr is purely a weight saving exercise ................... and maybe to get some publicity too.

Gaz

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
very mean looking - bad choice onthe colour tho but oh well its not built for its looks :p

Porter

RMS Regular
Believing that the only way Evo performance can take a big step forward is with drastic weight loss, Norris Designs have built an Evo that should weigh in at just 1080kg. With a power to weight ratio of nearly 800bhp per ton it's almost 300bhp per ton more powerful than the old Norris Design Evo 7 demo car!!

To build an Evo this light has meant the car has undergone some major weight loss and incredible engineering, including a substantial amount of the bodyshell being removed to make the car shorter and lower. In fact it is 10inches shorter and 3inches lower than a standard Evo 9 shell. With the shell customised this much, the rear doors have been removed creating the world's first Short Wheelbase 2-Door Evo....

Porter

RMS Regular
anyther wee bit i read

The shell was cut into 3 parts and the height and length removed. The joins are totally seamless. The roof is totally carbon and there's a huge rear diffuser being fitted. A lot of the floor has been cut out and flattened as much as possible.

The roof was lowered to reduce drag and allow for higher top speeds .

The car has not just been built for drag racing, but also to go around corners.

Cess

RMS Staff
Gaz said:
Rally cars are usually 4-door because the 4-door shell inherently has more structural rigidity and composure than a 2-door, believe it or not.
:sob: lies! Me and hillbilly know better!

In a rather bizarre way, that Evo reminds me of the Ecosse 309 for some reason....

p 5ary

RMS Regular
Porter said:
anyther wee bit i read

The shell was cut into 3 parts and the height and length removed. The joins are totally seamless. The roof is totally carbon and there's a huge rear diffuser being fitted. A lot of the floor has been cut out and flattened as much as possible.

The roof was lowered to reduce drag and allow for higher top speeds .

The car has not just been built for drag racing, but also to go around corners.
top speed in a car that has been cut to pieces and rewelded would worry me

Heñdy

RMS Regular
Gave me the old evo3 any day!!!

hate the colour.. dont like the front end at all.. If you want evil buy a R34!! thats evil. this thing looks like something west wood be rolling in...

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Why spend so much money changin itinto a 3 door then leave it looking like that

Aw well suppose ya cant please everyone

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
not a fan im afraid. it looks too high, especially above the rear arch- too much body.

if you put your hand over the front, from the bottom of the windscreen back it looks like a seat cordoba.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Don't like it at all, although it is evil looking. Something just looks out of proportion on it....

s13rab

RMS Regular
mo way terrible car cracken engine and running gear but car looks totally stupid ....looks like a hotwheels kids toy car ..thats bad looking ..wheels are too big as well and dont suit that ..even if they are rays :grinning:

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I saw it today Lyons, it truly is a work of art - if you're a grafitti artist.

Gaz

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
i didnt really inspect it in too much detail, just thought it could weel have been Okey Doak's car.

Adam

RMS Regular
I love it. It looks like a toy car or something. I cant wait to see it go.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.