New Range Rover live launch

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
I think I’m one of the few who don’t like the new RR…. Not a big fan of the outgoing one either. The new defender though, now that’s a nice suv👍

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
As a family we have had 7 Land Rovers and never once had a serious issue.

And in the same time we’ve had Porsches, Honda’s, mini’s, Volvo’s and Volkswagen’s that have had serious issues.

In general i think people expect to much from them, most are well over 2 tonne and loaded with tech, imo that can’t really be compared to a 1.9tdi golf or A3, big heavy cars work parts harder.

Compare them to an X5, Q7, Cayenne etc and they don’t look so bad.

I must be the exception on the Cayenne front. The only major problem I’ve had in 3 years on a 12 year old Cayenne has been a high pressure line to the anti roll bars leaking due to corrosion.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
I've mentioned this before I'm sure or recently but a friend of mine used to be a manager in JLR and when I got a walk around the new show room / workshop it was littered with LR cars on the divide of the workshop and very little Jag on the other side. I mean littered to point there wasn't enough ramps for them, wiring hanging out of fresh RR's , whole drive trains sitting on the floor etc. Totally put me off ever ever wanting to own one, and every single friend I know who's owned one, from older to newer gens has had nothing but issues.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
I must be the exception on the Cayenne front. The only major problem I’ve had in 3 years on a 12 year old Cayenne has been a high pressure line to the anti roll bars leaking due to corrosion.
Oh I would still 100% buy one haha But tbf not many on the road will be treated as well as your, and again its the same problem with Land Rovers, people that have no sympathy for big cars and engines buy them and drive and treat them like a diesel hatch back with half the engine and weight.

Could argue that you shouldn't have to be somewhat sympathetic to modern cars but that's a different argument.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Was recording latest Sold as Seen podcast last night with @Cooper and we discussed this new RR, it's nice overall but something about the new lighting arrangement and rear flanks just looks off to me. Other than that very much evolution and not revolution. The GPS linked ride height thing sounds interesting, it will squat down a bit if you're coming onto a slip road or motorway for example.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Seen the photos before the reveal and didn't like it especially the back end, after watching the reveal last night both JLR and Carwow videos I do like it! Interiors a but bland/plain but then 90% of manufactures are going this way with the big infotainment screen that controls everything which I'm a fan of the old fashioned button or dial. Looking forward to getting a look round it very shortly!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I think it looks class, it’s no doubt the epitome of luxury and status but it’s one for the super rich. The royals will have big order in I’m sure 😂

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Knew a fella who worked for LR and he said majority of his time was dealt with people complainong about their cars breaking down, new cars with warranty and over silly and massive things you wouldn't expect for the money involved/car being so young. The constant people giving off about breakdowns and things breaking drove him to leave lol

Would love one but I've never heard a good thing reliability wise about the brand
My neighbour is a retired test engineer/driver for Jag/LNR and was based at their test site in Germany. He's told me never to buy one of their products, that's enough for me.

The fact that Boris Johnson Range Rover and a 2nd in the cavalcade broke down last year on his trip to Scotland speaks volumes. Can't make a reliable vehicle for the Prime Minister. He had to be rescued in close protection X5🤣🤣

davyk31

RMS Regular
I get that JLR are on a quality improvement journey but the poor quality reputation has been there for years so the journey seems too long and too slow. Seems more an aspiration than something that is being achieved as almost every JLR owner I know report issues and terrible dealer experiences.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
It’s a brand with so much potential. They have a core customer set who will buy the latest Range no matter what it looks like or is powered by. It’s a status symbol.
Plus having the Royal’s and government officials use them is a huge seller.

Then you have the actual Land/Range Rover enthusiasts who will keep the older models going no matter what. They love them!

All the while the company is famous for unreliability, poor customer service and disappointment. If they could fix some of those issues they would go places. (Instead of breaking down)