Active Deal New Revolut account...free £10 and card

leek9

RMS Regular
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
Free £10 and a free physical card now on Revolut through the link below,

https://revolut.com/referral/leighs9a!G10D21

With revolut you get the exact inter bank currency rate and no fee's when using your card abroad.

Since i live in NI but i'm from ROI it has saved me a good bit of money when spending euro down south, i also travel a good bit with work.

thought it might be helpful to anyone thats been thinking of getting one.

leek9

RMS Regular
OP
leek9
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
Have one of these cards, only down side is 200 Euro monthly cash withdraw limit

the limit is £200 (of any currency) per month i think, i've never taken cash out with it personally but its probably not aimed at that market due to the costs of using the ATM network.

They also added Apple pay last month which is handy.

I fill my car when down home (ROI) and i was saving 4 or 5 pound using the revolut card when the rate was higher (£1=€1.16)

Reactions: Ben

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
gave a mate in work your link, didn't get free tenner, he topped it up and they took a fiver off him for the card 😂 🙈

Think they both get it after his first transaction. In fairness, revolut’s customer service is ***** too.

leek9

RMS Regular
OP
leek9
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
gave a mate in work your link, didn't get free tenner, he topped it up and they took a fiver off him for the card 😂 🙈

Really? i have 3 people who are still pending finishing their setup (initials GD Ms NR), do any of these match?

I had to pay a fiver for my physical card when i joined last year, i do know that the app is slightly confusing to get setup but i had hoped it had imporved, but if what you say is true he might have set up his account incorrectly.

Its true that you have to make one transaction with the physical card to get the £10 bonus, but as you have all the details for the physical card on the app you can use these details online to make a purchase, or add the card straight into your apple wallet (not sure on android) and pay for something in a shop.

leek9

RMS Regular
OP
leek9
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
he is CM

hes most likely set it up wrong

Can't see anyone with initial CM, he most likely has unfortunately, although its still a great service that only costs a fiver.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I set mine up on the back of seeing this thread, got the £10 instantly when topped it up (no purchase needed) and new basic card sent out in the post too (y)

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Signed up, topped up and card ordered. We were talking about this very card yesterday just to use in the US when we are on hols so free card and £10 is a win. Thanks.

leek9

RMS Regular
OP
leek9
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
if your planning a trip abroad you can buy currencies (eg Dollars) at the current rate to save any unexpected drop in the £ hurting your spending money when you plan travel....although this could also go either way with the current circus in charge.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
if your planning a trip abroad you can buy currencies (eg Dollars) at the current rate to save any unexpected drop in the £ hurting your spending money when you plan travel....although this could also go either way with the current circus in charge.

I was just looking at that on the app and you can set it up to auto exchange a selected amount when the exchange hits a certain rate. It's very good.

johnm

RMS Regular
Set it up there, you need to activate it, have your identity verified, and make a purchase before you get the 10.

Cheers for the code 👍🏻

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I’m registered but didn’t receive the credit

Registered under Stefan

Can you see it on your side @leek9

leek9

RMS Regular
OP
leek9
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
I’m registered but didn’t receive the credit

Registered under Stefan

Can you see it on your side @leek9
Stefan D? If yes i can see your registration is complete on my end.

I think you need to order a card the make a purchase with it to get the tenor on your end, the card is free.

You might be able to add the card to your apple wallet if you have one and make a small purchase to receive the tenor but don't hold me to that, it may need to be done with the physical card.

Quote from Revolut,

They'll get £10 after their first card payment is completed.

leek9

RMS Regular
OP
leek9
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
3 days left on this offer for anyone who is interested.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I've a Monzo account and while it's not quite as good for foreign transactions it's pretty darn good compared to most.

They match the Mastercard exchange rate, no fees when using the their card abroad, no fees on cash withdrawals with the EEA and outside this area the first £200 worth of cash withdrawals are free with a 3% charge beyond this £200.

Really easy to apply for and their card is free! Infact it arrived only 2 days after applying. The App is fantastic too.

Last edited:

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
I've a Monzo account and while it's not quite as good for foreign transactions it's pretty darn good compared to most.

They match the Mastercard exchange rate, no fees when using the their card abroad, no fees on cash withdrawals with the EEA and outside this area the first £200 worth of cash withdrawals are free with a 3% charge beyond this £200.

Really easy to apply for and their card is free! Infact it arrived only 2 days after applying. The App is fantastic too.

Monzo also has the benefit of being a regulated UK bank too so any money you hold in there has FSCS protection unlike Revolut.

Another worth considering for travel is Starling. Similar to Monzo but they don’t have the same cash withdrawal limits. It’s £300 a day for free vs £200 a month outside the EEA.

Final option is Curve, which acts as an intermediary card and passes spending through to your normal cards. The free version gives £500 of fee free FX per month and £200 of cash withdrawals at the interbank rate. Useful if you’ve a card that gives you rewards but isn’t FX free.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Anyone need numberplates??
Something's up with Halfords site, go and make up a set of plates, it'll say £32 then go in to the basket and it will be £4.60 - £3.96 with trade card