New Speed Cameras

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

veedubboy

RMS Regular
Just noticed this week there are 2 new fixed cameras up and near ready for operation:

1.Ormeau Rd opposite side of the rd to the bakery

2. Upper N'Ards Rd Near Gates to Stormont

Policing at its best LOL.....enjoy

veedubboy

RMS Regular
OP
veedubboy
There are 5 fixed ones at the minute:

1.Antrim Rd...n belfast
2.Dee street A1...e belfast
3.N'ards Rd....e belfast
4.Saintfield Rd......s belfast
5.Springfield Rd... W. Belfast
Appparently plans for 70 off them over here....have a map in front of me here showing sites for them

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
Drives
Scenic TomTom
There is now 2 on the saintfield road about 10 feet apart? wonder what the other one is for?
They are nice and close to the trees so will be easy to get spraying without being seen ;)

keith_d

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A4 Avant Td
If they gave the money they make on the speeding offences to cancer reaserch THEN, speedcameras would be saving lives

santoz

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
Excellent idea keith, far better than than givin it too the pigs to spend on some "sports car" they'll probally crash!

Jason MacQ

RMS Regular
veedubboy said:

That silly wee grey box at waist height opposite the hotel?
Its not a gatso - its some silly sensor. They have sprouted up all over the place.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
whats the additional thing about 4m away from the one on the upper newtownards road at kiwk fit? looks like an over the top flash

veedubboy

RMS Regular
OP
veedubboy
Jason_MacQ said:
veedubboy said:

That silly wee grey box at waist height opposite the hotel?
Its not a gatso - its some silly sensor. They have sprouted up all over the place.

Nope thats not what i'm talking about......if u were heading towards ards past stormont front gates and throught the next pedestrian crossing just after it is a grey pole and the box just hasnt been fitted yet.....but the one on the ormeau is very nearly operational

vibe_kid

RMS Regular
Drives
Deng Deng Deng
keith_d said:
If they gave the money they make on the speeding offences to cancer reaserch THEN, speedcameras would be saving lives

they could cure cancer 2moz, make cars run on water and wipe out 3rd world debt in wone go, but will they.... no, why? Little wads of paper with a fat ****s face on it.. the world is a **** up

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
veedubboy said:

1.Antrim Rd...n belfast
2.Dee street A1...e belfast
3.N'ards Rd....e belfast
4.Saintfield Rd......s belfast
5.Springfield Rd... W. Belfast
Appparently plans for 70 off them over here....have a map in front of me here showing sites for them

Get scanning Nigel or get it to someone who can. Let's be well informed on this! :grinning:

Andy

rugrat

RMS Photographer
Drives
Leon FR 2.0TDi
Does it really matter where they are - you will all be driving well within the speed limits anyway :p :lol:

vza

theres meant 2 b one on the gilford road outta lurgan coming,there was a map ages ago in the tele,but anywhere you see the signs up theyll prob set up a fixed camera

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
European Human Rights means that the police have a duty to tell people where they are operating with regards to speed cameras. Therefore up to date camera locations etc can be viewed on their site, along with every road where they can use their hand held guns - It's no secret.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
As far as i know they can only use them on certain "pre-named" roads but if you look at the list, it's pretty inclusive.

Also- im pretty sure the lasers can only be used in a close proximity to those speed camera signs.

G4RY

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gt tdi
veedubboy said:

send it to me cant affort to get points lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.