New Top Gear presenters....

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
I'm still not keen on Flintoff , I think he's trying too hard to be funny and Paddy ,whilst great to watch on other shiws, isnt really informative enough and is too full-on, it's just his usual generic chat. Harris is the glue, that boy does a great job in every aspect. His review of the 4 car categories last week was brilliant. We need a Harris, Le-blanc and Clarkson trio.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I thought it was a fantastic series although it was short. I'm happy enough with Paddy, I was hoping he would do a review to see how he got on. It was his first car review to be fair and I thought he done grand. Harris is experienced in that field, you can't really compare the two.

Think Fred has struggled to find his feet. I want to like him & I thought he had potential, but as said above, I don't think he has earned the right to get on the way he does with Harris. Sometimes just comes across as a bully & I'm not the only one who thinks that. Harris had to defend Fred on Twitter after the watermelon episode.

I wouldn't be disappointed if they kept Fred, hopefully he'll fit in a bit better next series though. Paddy I can live with, Fred definitely needs to tone it down a notch or two. Harris is an excellent all rounder & no complaints there.

Can't wait for the next series though. This one was a fantastic first run for the new team!

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
There was not an episode that was better than a very average episode from the Clarkson era

scub

Banned
I've watched them & like all 3 blokes, but to me the whole format is just old & dare I say it - stale.
it's only a variation of the clarkson /may/Hammond theme, which itself had got a bit silly.
the novelty of them going somewhere vaguely interesting in 3 bargain whatever type of motors to do pointless stunts has worn off years ago.
i now watch on ff, skip the pointless guest & see if anything relevant is road tested.
yaaaaaawn!

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Like others I thought it was pretty solid, I didn't have high hopes when Paddy & Fred were announced, I thought the last episode was the best, the cheap car challenges are good but are a bit stale, focusing on certain car 'cultures' like the formula off-road and the Japan episode the series before are imo a good way to go content wise.

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
It’s hard to put my finger on it. I don’t think he’s earned the right to be as condescending to Harris as he is. For me it isn’t ‘banter’ he just comes across petty
This, I think he comes across as a bully - much like he does on anything else I've seen him in

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Enjoyed this series a lot, I think these 3 are really coming together now, you have the comedy from Freddy and paddy, then the serious reviews from Chris. I think maybe a little less picking on Chris Harris would be in order, I don’t feel they know each other well enough to be at that level of abuse yet lol

5 episodes is way too short, I think there used to be over 10 in the heydays of Clarkson and Co.

All in all it was a successful formula, a bit of tweaking and I think it will have a very good future

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's only been a handful of episodes for a very long time, ever since they started doing big money production episodes.

There may have been more in the very early days of Clarkson when it was still mostly at the studio and pretty **** if you go back and watch them now, lol. Anyone remember poor Jason, before they got May in? Plenty of short memories 😇

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Couldn't believe it when said that was the end of the series, 5 episodes of anything barely qualifies as a series!lol Grand Tour doing the same kind of production was like 14!

But having said that, overall I think it was good, certainly more so than my expectations!lol Electric episode was actually hilarious. Like many others I think Flintoff is way too full on with the bullying, especially given they don't know each other that well.

Looking forward to the next series, sounds like will be out before end of the year.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Great finish :cool:

Can't believe they actually let him out in the Lotus, that's way beyond any dream, beyond any poncy "supercar"!

Thought Paddy was spot on with the Supra (y)