New Top Gear presenters....

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Looking forward to it. I must be the only 1 that thinks the presenters are a good choice. Anyone is an improvement over Clarkson and Hammond. Rory was the only weak link in the last group.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Ill be tuning in, hard to beat the original trio but its still a great show regardless.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The upcoming series is the last with Le Blanc, etc. (already filmed).

The one after that is the first with Freddy/Paddy/Chris.

leek9

RMS Regular
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
Love these threads, everyone gurning about car programmes on a car forum...

Looking forward to top gear and the grand tour. Some car stuff to watch, happy days.

to be honest, anyone with a faint interest in automotive video content has moved to Youtube over 5 years ago.

there is no barriers anymore to getting content out to millions of eyeballs anymore and its been the death of TG etc.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The upcoming series is the last with Le Blanc, etc. (already filmed).

The one after that is the first with Freddy/Paddy/Chris.

Ah, I didn’t know there was another series with Le Blanc. I assumed the next to be aired would be that with Paddy etc. Splendid news, Matt was fantastic!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ah, I didn’t know there was another series with Le Blanc. I assumed the next to be aired would be that with Paddy etc. Splendid news, Matt was fantastic!!

Well, that's how I read the announcement at least, we'll see when the show airs.

Agree Mat was great :cool:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
It's not a car show, lol :joy:

It's a show that happens to have cars in it.

The beards can stay on youtube and argue over a tenth around the Ring or 3 cubic inches of luggage space or whatever :joy:

Some / lots of the YT stuff is self obsessed and tedious. Maybe I'm not enough of a beard for it but ANY video starting with "whats going on guys..." is immediately closed.

K55

RMS Regular
And why does every YouTube cock start their video's with "Here's why you need...."

(n)

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Second episode was great, really enjoyed the tuk tuk bit, Harris and Le Blanc are having more natural banter although some bits were very scripted but that’s nothing new. Great episode

Airhead

RMS Regular
I still watch both and enjoy bits of each. Neither is close to being perfect but TG just seems better produced, despite Amazon's big budget. TGT actually looks really amateurish in places and very predictable - they desperately need some new ideas (I won't hold my breath though!). The same could probably be said for TG but it doesn't seem quite so 'old'.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Amazon’s budget is no bigger than the BBC’s, TG spends an absolute fortune but they try and keep it quiet for fear of backlash

Last edited:

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
I never missed an episode of old top gear. I haven't watched more than 10mins of the new one..

Thankfully there is the grand tour :cool:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Just watched it. I began to fast forward the tuk tuk bit but then stopped, Matt is great to watch, I love his wee quips.

I didn’t see this episode any worse than others to be honest, bar the tuk tuk bit being too long the only other negative was Rory. Like what is he even doing there?! He didn’t even have a part this week, just made a couple of awkward comments. I actually cringe every time he speaks now.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I'm a life long Top Gear fan and as much as I've loved some bits, some of the scripting is starting to make me cringe. Also I'm starting to daydream at some parts like the Ignis bit. For me Top Gear was a religion and watched it every week since I was a kid, so it breaks my heart to say anything negative about it.

Honestly I'm enjoying TGT a lot more than Top Gear at the minute.

scub

Banned
Just watched it. I began to fast forward the tuk tuk bit but then stopped, Matt is great to watch, I love his wee quips.

I didn’t see this episode any worse than others to be honest, bar the tuk tuk bit being too long the only other negative was Rory. Like what is he even doing there?! He didn’t even have a part this week, just made a couple of awkward comments. I actually cringe every time he speaks now.
south park token - Google zoeken