New Top Gear presenters....

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Really enjoyed both episodes. Paddy and Freddy seem like two genuinely funny guys that would be a sound bet for a few pints!

Is that green M3 on tonight’s show local? KNZ plate

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
The three guys seem to have a genuine good chemistry even off screen, mostly revolving around taking the piss out of Harris for his height 😂
I haven't watched it since I caught a couple of episodes of the Chris Evans series and it seemed like it was trying far too hard to be like Clarkson's vision of Top Gear instead of making a fresher start. Even that just reeks of Clarkson having a go at Hammond for the same reason. Slightly ironic since Chris is the only one there who was hired because he knows what he's talking about.

colin84

RMS Regular
What a complete and utter load of ballix. Paddy drives up into a multi-story to charge his car up, Freddie's bonnet blows up, Paddy looks down from the multi-story to conveniently see that Freedie is right below him. Paddy takes his car off charge after a millisecond, to see him and Freedie both battle to the finish.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
What a complete and utter load of ballix. Paddy drives up into a multi-story to charge his car up, Freddie's bonnet blows up, Paddy looks down from the multi-story to conveniently see that Freedie is right below him. Paddy takes his car off charge after a millisecond, to see him and Freedie both battle to the finish.
And I thought I was the grumpy one on here!

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
I’m actually liking this. Paddy and Freddy are naturally enjoyable to watch. Chris Harris, although he knows his stuff, he’s irritating imo.

If anything it beats all the love island etc that’s on.

dufunk

RMS Regular
Not the worst idea to have a electric motor in the rear and small engine to the front who needs a hybrid or LPG. Maybe the future for classic cars if we are aloud to keep them after 2040! What shocked me is the range of a 8 year old Leaf cant be the future if the batteries die that early as their expensive cars to buy even 2nd hand, Pruis hybrid batteries can last up to 200k.

Last edited:

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Two good episodes, but I think they have just taken the Clarkson concept of the show and injected it into these three. The comparisons are virtually identical, bar the faces.
That's probably why it's working.
Can Clarkson sue for certain copywriting infringements ? 😄

martybelfastsri

RMS Regular
Drives
all sorts
watched both there , didnt see how it would work but it does havent laughed as much at top gear. the electric shock car challange was hilarious lol every time paddy got shocked busted into chorus dance of thriller! im sold...seems chris isnt the lead role either

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
No, Paddy 1, Freddy 2 & Chris 3

Let’s face it, we like Chris because we see him as ‘one of us’ but the reality is that really doesn’t matter when it comes to tv ratings

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
the electric shock car challange was hilarious lol every time paddy got shocked busted into chorus dance of thriller!

Screenshot_20190624-223108.png

I was howling at this moment. Haven't laughed at TG that much in years.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
A fantastic episode there, nothing will ever compare to the original trio but Paddy and Freddie have definitely brought the fun back to Top Gear, the chemistry seems to be working between them, I was in stitches at the electric shock challenge and the rest of the ep was pretty decent too. The only dull moment was chatting to the guests, but hopefully that won’t be a feature in every episode.

I’ll definitely be tuning in every Sunday night, looks to be a winning combination at last (y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yes definitely a few very funny moments and I really like all 3 of them, but there’s just something missing that I can’t put my finger on. Might just need a bit longer for it all to come naturally.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Happy days, long may it continue :cool:

Just fast forward past the "celeb" bit as usual, lol, I genuinely have no idea who those people were this week :innocent:

bill

Banned
I have not watched the new season I hate paddy just cant stand him please tell me I am not missing much.

dufunk

RMS Regular
Lol sort of is but both aren't working in tandem just using an on off switch more like a plug in hybrid that doesn't recharge via engine.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
The celebrity bit was a little awkward but I generally enjoy the interviews.
I felt the banter was a bit close to the bone for Chris, but he certainly took Freddie down a peg or two for being thick 😂

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Yes definitely a few very funny moments and I really like all 3 of them, but there’s just something missing that I can’t put my finger on. Might just need a bit longer for it all to come naturally.
Just watched episode 2 tonight there, like you something just isn't flowing properly for me. I know Clarkson and co were for the most part, protraying characters, but it just seems very forced at the minute.

I think it may be the fact that McGuiness and Flintoff aren't "natural" petrol heads, all very scripted to try and sound that way.

Will still be watching it regardless though!

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I think it's more enjoyable than it has been for quite some time!

McGuiness is a bit much but Flintoff is likeable. Not missing the stig at all tbh

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Most I've laughed at an episode in a long time, even the wife was enjoying it. Think they had a good mix of everything in that. Enjoyed last week's too. Looking forward to the next few weeks, think only 6 episodes though?