New work Van - MS-RT Transit Connect

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
So as a few of you have probably seen on Facebook and Instagram, the replacement for the Caddy has finally arrived!

I love vans, and my caddy illustrated just how handy they are, and quite simply, I loved it. I loved the complete transformation it undertook but ultimately, i took it as far as i think it was possible to without looking into an engine swap or other equally radical ideas, so the time came to look for a replacement.

I was offered a more than reasonable price for it and just before Christmas my van left me for the last time.

I already knew what I was after. Firstly, I don't need a larger van than the small caddy sized vans (my typical load is drills, fittings, dispensers for my regular work and samples to demonstrate, with machines being carried from time to time) so it needed to be of a similar size.

It needed to have 3 seats (I have 3 kids, but typically 1 is away doing something or other, so being able to pick up the other 2 without having to change into another car was a necessity) and that narrowed the choices down a bit.

A few years ago when it came time for a new van for the main anachem business, i went for the new shape Ford Transit Connect (I chose long wheel base as it suited our needs better) and 5 or 6 years later, its still going fantastically well, despite the abuse having a variety of drivers can levy on a van.
I of course modified it slightly, and it runs on a set of genuine ST wheels, and side bars and a front a-bar make it look a bit different.

I loved the look of them already, but then a couple of years ago MS-RT came on the scene with a very sporty looking van and to me they just looked brilliant.

Second hand MS-RT vans are still commanding a premium, but on Instagram last year I saw stories starting to emerge about the facelift transit connect, and importantly, MS-RT being awarded Ford QVM (qualified vehicle modifier) status - What this means essentially is:
– They meet Ford’s standards in manufacturing, engineering and quality control.
– They are regularly assessed by Ford.
– They offer comprehensive customer support.
– All conversion work is guaranteed by MS-RT and it doesn’t affect your Ford warranty.
– The product is approved by Ford to sell in their dealerships.

So I specced up a van to suit my needs - a 3 seater panel van.
MS-RT take the top of the range van and modify it to make them different.
The exterior customisation includes a MS-RT front bumper, grilles, front diffuser, side skirts, rear diffuser and spoiler. In addition, they fit a quad stainless steel sports exhaust system, 18-inch OZ Racing alloy wheels and Michelin tyres.
I chose the automatic gearbox and coming home yesterday from Buncrana Road, the 100 odd miles were effortless easy driving in the bespoke nappa leather and suede interior and a MS-RT carbon inlay sports steering wheel
The 1.5 120bhp 270nm engine may not be the fastest in the world, but i have an X5 running 400bhp, and the dakar M3 for a bit of fun if needed!

some of the cool features in it include dual loading side doors, bi-xenon headlamps, automatic headlights and wipers, premium infotainment (which also includes apple CarPlay) with reversing camera so as i said, it is really well specced.

The only options left (and I chose none of them!) were the sticker pack (not needed as I'll be getting @Blackwater Graphics to brand it for me soon) bronze alloy wheels (i like the silver OZ on it already and if I do choose to change the wheels at some stage in the future I'll go for something bigger and a different style) black exhaust tips and a maxhaust system which is essentially an exhaust with a speaker to make it sound different to the 1.5 derv weapon it is!

Anyway, enough rambling on about it - you'd nearly think I was writing a sales ad for Hollybrook!

Only a few photos from collection yesterday - I've already dropped it to Trimtech NI for him to ply-line and carpet it and make it fit for my needs with a few cupboards and storage areas where I can always keep some stock if any of you guys see me along the road and need anything!!!

Thanks,

Ross

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg
IMG_5804.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

Last edited:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Love it Ross, but a ****ing exhaust speaker...seriously?
Yep. It’s a thing now!

I don’t have it though, don’t worry!

Mine’s longer than yours though :joy::innocent::joy:
Not the first time I’ve heard that 😂

Great to hear that the engine loosens up as it definitely isn’t the sharpest. But then it again it doesn’t need to be.
My caddy was silly quick for what it was but then it was running a hybrid turbo set up

yours does look so well though and the L2 is the perfect amount of useable space which is why we have the other van in L2 guise.

can’t wait to trimtech is done. He sent me a couple of videos this afternoon and he has some great ideas on maximising the space

Jason

RMS Regular
Thats gorgeous, not a huge premium really for such a cool looking van! Sadly im scunnered driving the Caddy so feel a jeep could be on the cards, but would be tempted by one of those!!

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Great looking van @Big Pimp
Awesome Ross! The 120 takes miles to feel decent, my Sport is only just feeling like what I expected it to at the start at just over 4K miles
Absolutely love mine, yours would make it look ordinary side by side though!
View attachment 263653
Mine’s longer than yours though :joy::innocent::joy:
Seen this yesterday as I was heading back the A26 I think, these are lovely in the L2. I was trying to get this or the limited but they don’t make them in crew.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Great looking van @Big Pimp

Seen this yesterday as I was heading back the A26 I think, these are lovely in the L2. I was trying to get this or the limited but they don’t make them in crew.

Yes (y)probably me. Trend or base only for crew afaik. The only problem with Sports is they have so much kit the max load is reduced so not for everyone, love mine, heated seats in a van is the single most bestest thing ever:joy::innocent:

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Yes (y)probably me. Trend or base only for crew afaik. The only problem with Sports is they have so much kit the max load is reduced so not for everyone, love mine, heated seats in a van is the single most bestest thing ever:joy::innocent:
That’s it, leader if you want crew auto, and trend if you go manual, but to get It anywhere near yours and @Big Pimp spec you’ve to tick a lot of boxes. We have a crew custom limited, auto and it’s superb!

MarkM

RMS Regular
That’s it, leader if you want crew auto, and trend if you go manual, but to get It anywhere near yours and @Big Pimp spec you’ve to tick a lot of boxes. We have a crew custom limited, auto and it’s superb!

I got lucky, although didn’t want silver, my two were built and in Dagenham, £10k off list and 0% apr so did a buy:joy: Well spec’d, sat nav, CarPlay, half leather heated, dual zone climate, wireless charge, 240v socket, cruise etc etc etc

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Very cool looking van @Big Pimp way nicer than the scrap Merc citans we've got and it looks ace in black, I'm sure it'll look even better with the yellow anachem on it 👍

belfastbrm

RMS Regular
I got lucky, although didn’t want silver, my two were built and in Dagenham, £10k off list and 0% apr so did a buy:joy: Well spec’d, sat nav, CarPlay, half leather heated, dual zone climate, wireless charge, 240v socket, cruise etc etc etc
How do you get/find a deal like that?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
That is very cool! Health to enjoy it Ross.

People who don’t have vans just never “get” why we love them.

I can’t imagine paying that for a van though, that’s serious coin.

I picked up my new Berlingo yesterday, so it was new Van day for both of us @Big Pimp 😎

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Nice choice Ross. Will look brilliant with the graphics on it sat beside your other van.

Any chance you can drop in someday and persuade the boys to upgrade our wee Berlingo 😂

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
That is very cool! Health to enjoy it Ross.

People who don’t have vans just never “get” why we love them.

I can’t imagine paying that for a van though, that’s serious coin.

I picked up my new Berlingo yesterday, so it was new Van day for both of us @Big Pimp 😎
Either ford are getting it or the tax man is.
I know who I’d rather pay the money to, lol

the new berlingos are a really really smart looking van too. Health to enjoy yours too mate