Newton Fred (Car Buyer)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gambit

RMS Regular
anybody every got emails from this geezer when selling your car online, its a scam obviously but just wondering had anybody been caught out by it?

email1 goes like this:-

I am interested in buying your advertised 1991 Mk2 Golf Gti 16v , i will like to know the selling price for it and it present condition.

email2 goes like this:-

Hello,

Thanks for your mail response, i am okay with the condition and am okay with the price of the 1991 Mk2 Golf Gti 16v (£1000) , A client of mine is owning me some funds in United Kingdom (£4500), I will instruct him to issue the cheque for you, and as soon as the cheque clear.

You will deduct the cost of the 1991 Mk2 Golf Gti 16v (£1000), and the remaining balance will be Send to My Shipper via Western Union Money Tranfer for immediately Shipping Arrangment of the 1991 Mk2 Golf Gti 16v from your location.

Do get back to me If this is okay by you with your information (Full Name, Contact Address, Phone Number), so that i can forward it to my Client to issue the cheque for you ASAP. Hope to hear from you
soonest.

Best Regards,
Newton....
NB:- PLS I WILL WAIT FOR THE CHEQUE TO CLEAR BEFORE PICK UP .

carmadchris

RMS Regular
Yep this happend to me the cheque is forged but at first it appears ok so the bank tells you that it is fine and then at a later date they take the money from you so you loose the money and the car!

Bryan

RMS Regular
I got an email enquiry from some guy in place over near India wanting to buy my Volkswagen Transporter van I had for sale... like flip sake...

Cess

RMS Staff
This is exactly the same scenario as the Baron's ebay scam post. Must be doing the rounds, guys.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.