NI BMW cars and coffee Sunday 26th January(page 4 onwards)

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
I might not make the run like I first thought as it turns out I’ve visitors staying the night before but should get to Antrim at least

Gemma

RMS Regular
OP
Gemma
Just hold your horses lol I've to call up and meet with new centre manager on Monday about this January cars and coffee. Fingers crossed it goes well. He sounded dead on on the phone, just explained he's new at all this and just wants to know what will be happening etc and where will we be using.
If he's not happy, Will have to cancel :worried:

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Sell him on the point its a good kickback for the centre as people use the coffee shops restaurants and then browse and buy stuff around the centre. Not capable of his job if he thinks anything different
The loud van although very cool, may get peoples backs up

Gemma

RMS Regular
OP
Gemma
Yea the van was loud but he had it goin no longer than 30 seconds if I remember correctly?
Or did he have it going longer?

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Listened to it for a few mins then the bass started knawing at my brain, took a dander over to the main centre and heard it a few times over there.

Gemma

RMS Regular
OP
Gemma
Aaaa ok. I was at the bathrooms etc so didn't know it had been going on that long. If he appears again I'll tell him to keep it down lol

Gemma

RMS Regular
OP
Gemma
Very positive meeting today with j1. We are now having to use a different carpark due to potential construction near the carpark we would of been using.
More bins will be provided by j1 and we will also be on litter patrol as the litter was brought up and we apolgized profusely and said it shouldn't of happened.
Psni are onboard as well to promote road safety.
More details will be revealed soon enough when I get new updated maps sent to me :grinning:

Last edited:

Jason

RMS Regular
Never made it to one of these events but will go to the next one, probably take e92 m3 a run out, doubt the e36 will be ready till easter.

avo5021

RMS Regular
Good work @Gemma, fingers crossed one of our guys will be along hopefully with one of our BMW’s to fit in !!

Can I just point out that after the last meet on the 29th Dec there were a couple of Complaints from one of the residents on Ballymena Rd outside Junction one.

The person that made the complaints to Police has done so on many occasions when meets are on at the Centre, please don’t give them any excuse to ring again as it’s only a matter of time before Junction 1 pull the plug and prevent these kind of meets going ahead, if they did this it would be a shame as it’s an ideal venue.

Gemma

RMS Regular
OP
Gemma
Thanks avo. That's why we asked for the police to attend to stop this kind of behaviour from happening and promote road safety.
Acting the knob is not what we are about. We just wanna get out, have a coffee and enjoy our passion for cars with other enthusiasts.
Hopefully if we comply with everything that j1 asks of us, they will see that Mr complainer is just a moan. We can't stop what's happening outside of the centre

Last edited:

Gemma

RMS Regular
OP
Gemma
Guys, I have edited the ni bmw events page on fb., suppose I should of said in here too...
Its now 12pm to 3pm to get majority of cars that are attending in before the shops open.
Heck last time it was due to start to 11.30 am and carpark 1 was full by 11.15am lol

We are using the carpark that is Infront/ Beside moes grill (where the pirate mini golf was)

We will have Marshalls on as well and areas coned off to try and keep a flow moving through the centre.
Please park in the spaces properly to make use of the space we have been given

😊😊
Just hoping the weather holds up for us now

Gemma

RMS Regular
OP
Gemma
So here's the map. Self explanatory. We are using the carpark in the red box. I have put a X in the space above as that is not actually there YET as a usable carpark (it's where the big machine car wash)
The route highlighted is the route with zero ramps and the best route in.

As said, the PSNI will be there in attendance.
Clic Sargent buckets will be out too. Voluntary donation :grinning:

Reserved seating in Costa coffee from 12pm to 1pm for anyone who wishes to sit in to have a coffee.
IMG_20200119_232719.jpg

Gemma

RMS Regular
OP
Gemma
Added to the events calendar. New thread for each event next time I think!

Thanks very much cooper. I didn't wanna start a new thread up incase it was a case of I should of just added it onto of my old one thread lol

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Will be there in one of our works BMW’s (which is actually clean and quite respectable looking!)

Looking forward to getting a cuppa and a chat with a few folk

As Gemma has posted, please respect the centre and the local residents when arriving / leaving in order to secure future event applications at The Junction !