Ni Mot Checks (full List Of What They Look For)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
Car failed yesterday on a few things, but one was the rear middle seat belt jammed (it jammed while getting the car ready for mot, fantastic!) Could I just remove the belt as I never use the middile seat and always have the armrest down?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
You'd need to remove both the belt and clicker inner thingy (or stuff it back under the seat where it cant be found) and you should be grand (y):grinning:

Hammath

RMS Regular
Drives
Sc3n3 Civic.
You sure dc? I thought they had the attitude of if there's a seat there has to be a belt...could be wrong though it might be a risky one getting rid of the belt.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
You sure dc? I thought they had the attitude of if there's a seat there has to be a belt...could be wrong though it might be a risky one getting rid of the belt.
Aye you are right, but in this case if he keeps the centre part down and has the other 2 belts as normal they might not pull him, we'll see.

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
Aye you are right, but in this case if he keeps the centre part down and has the other 2 belts as normal they might not pull him, we'll see.

Shall either give this a try, or nick someone elses rear seat.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Does the car have to have its original cats back on? Or is a sports cat suffice?
Still seems to be one of these grey area's. Likelyhood you'll get a way with it :grinning:

Not much too say, petrol engines, if it left the factory with a cat, it needs one
My car passed MOT last week without the CAT..
I think that pre 1980 type stuff - no test. 1981-2003 or something emmisions based test (on a sliding scale) 2004-current needs to have a cat. Something along those lines anyway.

Any other specific MOT questions you may have to ask the advice of other forum user's can be added here: http://www.reallymeansounds.com/forum/threads/northern-ireland-mot-advice-thread.127468/

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.