NI Sevens - 2018 Season

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cunning

RMS Regular
***EXPRESSION OF INTEREST***

As the year comes to a close it’s time to turn our focus to next season. NI Sevens would like to see 2018 as a year of big grids in what is easily the fastest pound for pound series in the country. We would like to hear from all competitors, old and new, who plan to race in 2018. Maybe you have had some time in the Fiesta Series and would like to step in to something faster? Or maybe you are new to racing and have been looking for a good series to get started? If so, NI Sevens might be the series for you. Please feel free to share this post, or tag anyone who might be interested in coming to race with us next season. Details of an information meeting to discuss 2018 season will follow in due course. NI Sevens has had a great history of racing; let’s see 2018 as a year to get it back to its prime. We look forward to hearing from you.

Jump onto the Facebook page here

24862222_1639720119424577_640099067665754837_n.png

Cunning

RMS Regular
OP
Cunning
For all those interested, information from our Facebook page below:

Good Morning Everyone!

Firstly, thanks to all those who attended our meeting last night. It was a fantastic turn out in what was a progressive, productive and enjoyable evening. Again a big welcome to the newcomers who joined!

The main points agreed by all at the meeting are as follows:

- The class will run motorbike engines up to 929cc
- Total weight including driver = 540kg
- Electric Water Pumps are allowed
- Class will run two separate championships:
1. Race Championship
2. Hillclimb & Sprint Championship
- NI Sevens test day will be held at Kirkistown before 1st event

See below the 2018 Calendar

There are a number of cars currently being built around the country and a number of people coming back to the series so we are looking forward to both healthy grids and a healthy social scene in 2018!

Please like/share/tag/comment on this post.

oVHT08k.png

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Boys I spent 2 seasons at this and it was one of the cheapest forms of motorsport around. Initial expense may be £6k-£8k (approx) but you won’t lose. After that it’s just fuel, tyres & enters fees. A set of tyres can last you a whole season (approx 12 meets).
Amazing championship, would recommend it to everyone but I never expected the level of camaraderie, and me a complete green horn from up the country. Fantastic people, get on it!

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
Anyone thinking about doing this should go for it. I raced the same years as Barry and it's a brilliant championship to be involved in. Unfortunately I haven't been involved for the past couple of years but I'm hoping to get back out this year. The series is well managed to keep costs reasonable and to achieve the NI Sevens laptimes people in other classes are spending a lot more £££s.
I hadn't participated in any form of Motorsport before joining the 7s so don't let a lack of experience stop you. If you watch the 7s videos on YouTube you'll see Novice crosses on a few cars. The 7s operate as a club, its friendly, very supportive and it is very competitive. If you are interested make contact with the NI 7s via Facebook.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Glad to see a revival in the series this year as it always was some of the best racing on the grid at Kirkistown. I raced in the series quite a number of years ago and it's certainly one of the cheaper grids to get on to, it's very competitive and great craic.

Anyone that's thinking of racing in the series you won't be disappointed. I now have an eligible car again but didn't buy it with the intention of racing it and doubtful I could afford it this year. I look forward to seeing how the series progresses this year.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.