NIE meter board advice needed

scub

Banned
All sealing pliers will have an identification number on them that marks the seal with that number. It’s for future reference when something goes wrong they know who was last at the job. Sometimes if the sealing pliers are not on correctly the number won’t show.

Unfortunately a laptop can be hooked up to a keypad meter and tell when the magnet went on and off and how many units went through the meter while the magnet was on.
that's what they tell you....
I've a mate who's a spark & says it's impossible to tell what's being used in any house without a reading. hence the need for a reading at least once a year.
& also why they're busting to put in smart meters which can tell individually.
not that I would advocate such blatant abuse of the plastic framed boxes still in use in for eg my house... 🧐

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
He’s right about the seals, persons initial and then job code in other side. I Have rung NIE they are coming out in a week and a half but yeah cut the seals but for the sake of 100 odd quid I’m just gonna do it right 👍

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
that's what they tell you....
I've a mate who's a spark & says it's impossible to tell what's being used in any house without a reading. hence the need for a reading at least once a year.
& also why they're busting to put in smart meters which can tell individually.
not that I would advocate such blatant abuse of the plastic framed boxes still in use in for eg my house... 🧐
I wouldn’t believe all that your mate has told you.
He’s right about the seals, persons initial and then job code in other side. I Have rung NIE they are coming out in a week and a half but yeah cut the seals but for the sake of 100 odd quid I’m just gonna do it right 👍
It’s not the initials of the person, but it is a code that is on them and that’s signed out to each individual.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
I wouldn’t believe all that your mate has told you.

It’s not the initials of the person, but it is a code that is on them and that’s signed out to each individual.
Ah fair enough mine says MC lol then several numbers on the back

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
Meter board fitted today, all old fuse boxes deleted and just one big Schneider unit. Nie were out at 8.45 pull main fuse , moved the meter down to the bottom in between the main fuse and the new isolation switch. Tested power going to switch , replaced all the tails and left at 9am. New board fitted and all tested plus extra cabling to garage as it was lighting cable used to power the whole garage. Very pleased and all done just a cert to submit to danske and hopefully place doesn’t burn down 😂