Nilfisk Pressure Washer Intermittently Doesnt Start

GavRS182

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 182
Hi all,

I have a problem with my Nilfisk pressure washer whereby when I pull the gun's trigger the motor fails to power up and eject water with presure. After a fair few pulls of the trigger it will eventually come to life and work as normal. No extension cable in use.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot? Nilfik's online help is really poor.

Thanks,
G

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Have you got good water pressure coming out of the tap?
Or are you using a long run of hose before the washer?
Low pressure can prevent the pressure washer from pressurising, think it is a failsafe for the motor to prevent it running dry.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
Are you using normal hose connectors?

I had a similar issue years ago using an aqua stop connector, which wasn’t letting water through properly to build enough pressure as Antoin mentioned above.

Here’s an example of what I mean

GavRS182

RMS Regular
OP
GavRS182
Drives
RS Clio 182
Are you using normal hose connectors?

I had a similar issue years ago using an aqua stop connector, which wasn’t letting water through properly to build enough pressure as Antoin mentioned above.

Here’s an example of what I mean

I am using a hoselock aquastop fitting for the inlet of the pressure washer, will try with regular fitting👍

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
I had this exact problem buddy. It turned out it was the stop/start valve. Only took 10 mins to change and it’s been 100% ever since. What model is it?

AndyMc

RMS Regular
Drives
C350
Hi all,

I have a problem with my Nilfisk pressure washer whereby when I pull the gun's trigger the motor fails to power up and eject water with presure. After a fair few pulls of the trigger it will eventually come to life and work as normal. No extension cable in use.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot? Nilfik's online help is really poor.

Thanks,
G
Had this on 2 brand new E145s, open it up pull the microswitch off the stop start valve and tap it back in then spray some silicone lube in there.

My 1st one did it after a few uses, 2nd one was it's replacement and it did it straight out of the box but works fine now.

GavRS182

RMS Regular
OP
GavRS182
Drives
RS Clio 182
I had this exact problem buddy. It turned out it was the stop/start valve. Only took 10 mins to change and it’s been 100% ever since. What model is it?
I have a C110.

GavRS182

RMS Regular
OP
GavRS182
Drives
RS Clio 182
Found out motor was on it's last legs and didn't make sense cost to repair vs price to buy same machine new. Ended up upgrading to the more robust Nilfisk E145