Nissan 1.5 DCi Turbo

feckers

RMS Regular
Hi Folks,

In the process of trying to remove a turbo from a 2015 1.5 DCi Nissan Pulsar.

I believe same setup as the 1.5 DCi J11 Nissan Qashqai - although there isn't alot of information out there on removing the turbo on either the Pulsar or Qashqai - or I have missed it.

I am wondering what the best approach is to removing the 2 nuts/studs on the underside that bolts the turbo to the exhaust manifold?

Access is very limited by the DPF, and removing the DPF seems like it would require suspension to come out etc. which obviously I'd like to avoid if possible.

Just curious if some of you guys have worked on these before and what method was used to remove? Just trying to find the path of least resistance.

Thanks.

feckers

RMS Regular
OP
F
Just an update in case anyone is searching this in the future. You can remove the turbo without dropping the subframe, pulling drive shafts etc.

Access from the top is very tight, but remove the wipers, scuttle panel, wiper linkage, metal bolt on plate etc. to improve access. Obviously you'll need to disconnect a number of pipes, sensors, heat shields, brackets and so on which are in your way.

The nut for turbo to manifold access from below requires unbolting the DPF from the exhaust front pipe and EGR. Unmount the exhaust off its rubbers so you can push it back a bit, which will allow you to wiggle and manoeuvre the DPF to the right so you can see up to the nut. I tried with a 1/2" socket & bars but it was too heavy to work with in that position and would not stay on the nut. It comes off with 1/4" ratchet, a few longish bars and a universal joint just before the 10mm socket.

If anyone lands on this after a search in the future and needs anymore assistance if doing it themselves, drop me a PM and I can go into some further detail if needed.

It is undoubtedly a PITA job, particularly on axel stands, but achievable - and I suspect easier if I had someone to tell me the things I know now after having done the job!

1.5dciturbo.png