Nissan Leaf Tekna 40kw 🥱🤣

stuarti

RMS Regular
Can someone recommend a sub 10k ev - that has a 150 range ? Does that exist?

A 2017 Zoe would be in around the £10k mark now and has a real world figure of about 170 mile per charge. I really liked our Zoe back in 2015, it was a good city car and had far more room than you would expect, great handling too.
Was talking to a lady in a Zoe the other day, said she’s getting 50…. 😂 and had run out a few days before … she hates it !

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
Can someone recommend a sub 10k ev - that has a 150 range ? Does that exist?

A 2017 Zoe would be in around the £10k mark now and has a real world figure of about 170 mile per charge. I really liked our Zoe back in 2015, it was a good city car and had far more room than you would expect, great handling too.
Thanks appreciate the info. But iv been driving bigger cars so long, I think the step down in size would just be too much.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Was talking to a lady in a Zoe the other day, said she’s getting 50…. 😂 and had run out a few days before … she hates it !
😂. That’s really **** range. The old ones wouldn’t have been great at all but that’s the newer one with a lot better range. Still it quotes 250 biut gives real life 170 give or take a bit🤔

One thing I would say is I wouldnt buy a 2nd hand EV without a really good warranty. When they break it usually costs a fortune to fix. Imo they really are only good for leasing or pcp when new, unless the manufacturer gives a long warranty that covers big miles.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
So I've still got the Leaf and I love driving an EV more than any, and I mean ANY fossil fuel car as a daily plus it costs waayyy less than the equivalent petrol or diesel to run and has waayyy more spec but.....

I'm going to be traveling to Fermanagh every few weeks and it's not going to be worth the hassle with the charging as there's virtually none in the west. I get 150 miles and my trip will be 180. That and I could do with a car that can tow.

It's for sale......... reluctantly.........

DSC_2332.JPG

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
So I've still got the Leaf and I love driving an EV more than any, and I mean ANY fossil fuel car as a daily plus it costs waayyy less than the equivalent petrol or diesel to run and has waayyy more spec but.....

I'm going to be traveling to Fermanagh every few weeks and it's not going to be worth the hassle with the charging as there's virtually none in the west. I get 150 miles and my trip will be 180. That and I could do with a car that can tow.

It's for sale......... reluctantly.........

View attachment 376527

Sorry to hear that but totally understand your rationale. Thankfully my commutes are nowhere near that range. I wrote to all of my MLA's asking what they are doing about the infrastructure but only 3 replied and some passed the buck as usual which I challenged. DFi Minister has been unable to meet with NIEVO on 2 occasions despite meeting similar interest organisations (not EV).

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
When I looked at the chargers in the Fermanagh area last night the nearest to me was 15 miles away, they where 22kw and most of the ones in Enniskillen weren't working. Wife was going with me and stated she wasn't sitting at a charger for an hour anyway. So today went in my wife's car.

Bit crap looking through cars cars you don't really want but need :pensive:

So far I've test driven a Golf GTi performance 7.5 DSG that will need a tow bar. I imagined I'd love it as I had a Golf GTi 7 a few years ago and really liked it. It was a perfect car but I was surprised at how slow the DSG was to decide what gear to use, the EV just goes................simple. Its on the short list

I've to see an Audi A5 at the weekend but doubt I will be any more impressed

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
When I looked at the chargers in the Fermanagh area last night the nearest to me was 15 miles away, they where 22kw and most of the ones in Enniskillen weren't working. Wife was going with me and stated she wasn't sitting at a charger for an hour anyway. So today went in my wife's car.

Bit crap looking through cars cars you don't really want but need :pensive:

So far I've test driven a Golf GTi performance 7.5 DSG that will need a tow bar. I imagined I'd love it as I had a Golf GTi 7 a few years ago and really liked it. It was a perfect car but I was surprised at how slow the DSG was to decide what gear to use, the EV just goes................simple. Its on the short list

I've to see an Audi A5 at the weekend but doubt I will be any more impressed
Followed a mk7 GTI out of Scarva in my mk2 16v on Saturday - nice car.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Well........due to buying a caravan in Enniskillen and having a jetski the Leaf was hard to justify. The charge network in the west is even worse. I do really love the car and EVs as a whole.

I had thought I should keep it and buy a cheap 4x4 towcar incase my wife was out and I'd be stuck for long distance transport or a tow vehicle but the leaf sold so I had to buy something.

So I've gone back to a big diesel 🙄

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
Well........due to buying a caravan in Enniskillen and having a jetski the Leaf was hard to justify. The charge network in the west is even worse. I do really love the car and EVs as a whole.

I had thought I should keep it and buy a cheap 4x4 towcar incase my wife was out and I'd be stuck for long distance transport or a tow vehicle but the leaf sold so I had to buy something.

So I've gone back to a big diesel 🙄
Some people going back now to ICE cars - ESB missed the boat and could have been the main player up here for charging.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
The charge network is terrible and TBH free kw are a bad thing as ESB have no interest in making it better or maintaining it.

Then there are all those EV owners that take free kw for granted leaving those that NEED to charge their car stuffed 🤬

stuarti

RMS Regular
The charge network is terrible and TBH free kw are a bad thing as ESB have no interest in making it better or maintaining it.

Then there are all those EV owners that take free kw for granted leaving those that NEED to charge their car stuffed 🤬
Many a be11end leaving their cars on chargers for almost 24hours at a time with no consideration for others…

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
Many a be11end leaving their cars on chargers for almost 24hours at a time with no consideration for others…
I went to the folk and transport museum at Cultra today for 10am opening. A Niro was charging since 7am; could have been a staff member but wondered if it was a local who was dropped off - had sucked up 35kwh by the time I was leaving at noon.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Had a contractor with us in work most of last week. Hire company gave him a Tesla 🤷‍♂️ and he was staying in a AirBnB in Belfast Anne Square - he could not find anywhere decent to charge and was constantly stressing about it