Nissan Leaf Tekna 40kw 🥱🤣

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
If you can’t charge at home/work it would be a major ballache. I guess that’s why the cars with shorter range just don’t make a lot of sense.

I was at a wedding on Saturday and took the M4, left the tesla at work on the charger.

Sunday I drove Belfast - Banbridge - Newry - Belfast - Gilford - Ballyclare

That would have been £40-50 of fuel in the M4

Still had plenty of juice to do Ballyclare - Belfast - Ballyclare. Charged it at home last night, no hassle.

Also now the weather has taken a turn, getting out and into a car that’s already toasty warm and defrosted is lovely lol

seanmooney

RMS Regular
If you can’t charge at home/work it would be a major ballache. I guess that’s why the cars with shorter range just don’t make a lot of sense.

I was at a wedding on Saturday and took the M4, left the tesla at work on the charger.

Sunday I drove Belfast - Banbridge - Newry - Belfast - Gilford - Ballyclare

That would have been £40-50 of fuel in the M4

Still had plenty of juice to do Ballyclare - Belfast - Ballyclare. Charged it at home last night, no hassle.

Also now the weather has taken a turn, getting out and into a car that’s already toasty warm and defrosted is lovely lol
Out of interest @big_pete do you know how much the electric costs for a full charge?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Out of interest @big_pete do you know how much the electric costs for a full charge?

They reckon about £6 depending on the tariff and time of day.

With charging at work I haven’t had a bill since getting the car so not sure how much of a difference it will make yet.

I’m certainly not noticing much difference at home

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
until infrastructure is vastly improved in our wee country there is no way i would consider an EV. I know a number of people who have visited here using an EV from over in England they cannot believe how poor the infrastructure here is and the amount of broken devices.

Watching the Dispatches doc on Ch4 last night was also worrying in terms of used EV ... a nissan leaf (used and approx 9yrs old) with 80% charge was only able to return something like 90 miles and then when the drive started the % went down very fast. this is a concern for anyone entering the used market and there needs to be a programme in terms of development on how to reenergize batteries etc. as costs are prohibitive.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Watching the Dispatches doc on Ch4 last night was also worrying in terms of used EV ... a nissan leaf (used and approx 9yrs old) with 80% charge was only able to return something like 90 miles and then when the drive started the % went down very fast. this is a concern for anyone entering the used market and there needs to be a programme in terms of development on how to reenergize batteries etc. as costs are prohibitive.

The first Leafs (Leaves?) was only good for about 100 miles when they were new.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Always be prepared

Tesla-car-charging-from-a-portable-generator-on-the-side-of-a-road.jpg

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
The first Leafs (Leaves?) was only good for about 100 miles when they were new.
I cant recall but there was a considerable difference on what there was originally there and the way the car was at point of doc recording ... may i suggest watching the doc yourself! :grinning:

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
Early Leafs had no liquid cooled battery management system and a lot of people did not know how to charge them as EV's were in their infancy.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Not sure about Tesla’s but the Etron costs about £12-13 for a full charge at home which gets about 140 miles.
They reckon about £6 depending on the tariff and time of day.

With charging at work I haven’t had a bill since getting the car so not sure how much of a difference it will make yet.

I’m certainly not noticing much difference at home

I know different cars have different batteries, motors etc.. but the Etron would cost a little under half in fuel as what my work vehicle does.

I due a new car/van now soon and might be worth looking into.

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
32kwh usable battery on the E Golf which costs £3.00 overnight for a full charge and takes me about 115 miles in winter and up to 160 in summer. 130 is a realistic average but Golf is not as heavy as Etron.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Anyone else with an Etron have a rough figure for the cost of a full charge at home? Ours seems high

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Is there not apps connected to the car/ charger to look at things like this?
I have no idea

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Tried the app to set when to charge overnight and guess what….it didn’t work 😂

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Anyone else with an Etron have a rough figure for the cost of a full charge at home? Ours seems high

About a tenner. Though I've not updated the rate for a few months and think it's gone up since, so could be a couple of quid more.

It's 13% of the cost to run the E-Tron vs the Cayenne which is fairly similar size, performance, etc. If I was looking at the overall deal on the E-Tron vs what the Cayenne costs to run it's probably just about even between the two of them to be honest.

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
I'm with click energy and have the Eco rate - 8/9p per kwh at night time so my i3 only costs £1.8 for a full charge which gets me 60/70 miles.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Still loving the EV drive character, but dull yes but that's exactly what I want as an everyday car, easy, silent, comfy. 140 mile winter range so you may need to plan a long journey but its not much bother. I did charge twice one day during the week, got to a job near a charger with 50 miles done, charged to 100% while I did the job for 3 hours, then went home, another 50miles done, then back out for another job 25 miles away, charged in the 50kw charger in Crossgar on the way home, waited to get from 38% to 90%, took 30mins and headed home, didn't need it but its fast and free.

A mate was round the other day who's also well into cars and the first thing he said was ................"have you ran out electric yet?" I answered "No, have you ran out of petrol?"

Next was "How much is the electric at public chargers?" Me "Free" Him " Ahh they'll start charging a fortune sometime soon"

Next was "All EV's are crap, no soul, noise or involvement" Me "that's exactly what I want in a daily"

Next "They go on fire you know, guy I know had to smash his side window with a spanner when a fire started behind the dash and the doors locked"

I asked if he'd ever driven one..................and he hadn't and also didn't want to as he stated he'd no interest :laughing: Baseless experience

EV haters are everywhere. I love cars but I now also love an EV as a daily, as well as an Elise and a 997! Leaf..............waayyy better that an old Focus TDCI