Nissan Pao ENGINE CONVERSION

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Thank you Rooneyrocket, been doing a bit of research and I honestly think a Nissan QG18DE Manual out of an Almera/Primera/Tino is the way to go, they're a tidy looking twin cam engine esp on ITB's and apparently they can run 200bhp all day long (if its a good one) lots of OBX performance/turbo bits etc still avail.

Had a 1.8 tino with the auto box a few years back, took dogs abuse and never gave any bother, and was pretty nippy (for what was lol)

Keyzie

RMS Regular
OP
Keyzie
How recently did you import it? Theres another one round Lisburn thats nearly identical. Such cool little cars!

Keyzie

RMS Regular
OP
Keyzie
Hi, that was me, iv'e recently sold it and it went to Newcastle (England) I missed it so much sorced another through Mitsui Japan, imported it into Dublin Sept/19, then imported it again into N.Ireland car n trailer job all went well.
Regards
What about a motorbike engine as per this wee Honda!

What a proper little sweeties she is, I remember these when they came out

Keyzie

RMS Regular
OP
Keyzie
Hi, that was me, iv'e recently sold it and it went to Newcastle (England) I missed it so much sorced another through Mitsui Japan, imported it into Dublin Sept/19, then imported it again into N.Ireland car n trailer job all went well.
Regards

What a proper little sweeties she is, I remember these when they came out
Iv'e had 5 of these now, sold an Ivory 1 to tattooist in Belfast, its a crackin little advertising car, fun machine, the slowness adds to the character!!!!!

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Thank you Rooneyrocket, been doing a bit of research and I honestly think a Nissan QG18DE Manual out of an Almera/Primera/Tino is the way to go, they're a tidy looking twin cam engine esp on ITB's and apparently they can run 200bhp all day long (if its a good one) lots of OBX performance/turbo bits etc still avail.

Yes, definitely the ideal swap, ITBs is right up my street..but don't go OBX please..

Keyzie

RMS Regular
OP
Keyzie
Please advise me, im new to the Japanese thing, any advice very much appreciated, want your opinion, I hate wasting money!!!

Regards
Adrian

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Hello cupraricky
Yes I have, do you fancy it?

Lol would love it, was admiring it, then saw the description with ref the PAO and was like there can't be that many PAO's hence thought it was urself. Good luck with sale, looks absolutely fantastic, unfortunately I don't have the cash. I'd say its some craic to drive.

Keyzie

RMS Regular
OP
Keyzie
Thank you, It's an awesome thing, proper 100% mechanical experience, you gotta plug all your holes!!
If you ever fancy a blast in it give me a shout (has to be dry though as iv'e spun it twice and got away with it) 100% mechanical experience, induction is brutal.
Going by your pic your also a biker as I am, supermoto now as im 55 trying to get away from superbikes, trying to slow down but it aint happening!!

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Thank you, It's an awesome thing, proper 100% mechanical experience, you gotta plug all your holes!!
If you ever fancy a blast in it give me a shout (has to be dry though as iv'e spun it twice and got away with it) 100% mechanical experience, induction is brutal.
Going by your pic your also a biker as I am, supermoto now as im 55 trying to get away from superbikes, trying to slow down but it aint happening!!
Yes love bikes, biker also. Wouldn't say supermotos r slow lol. Never had a superbike wrist/back/shoulders never appreciated the lent over stature. And yes would love a spin however I'd imagine it'll be sold before we get decent weather šŸ˜‚

Last edited:

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Whilst not STRICTLY Nissan, what about a 2.0 from a clio 182. Did Nissan use them in anything?

Though just reading up on it, it is an iron block engine. You'd probably want all aluminium . In saying that, that generation Clio were not heavy cars.

Pity you are sticking fast to a Nissan engine, there are so many engines that would be great in that. 1.8 k series with itbs hmm

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I think a SR20DE (i think) that came in the Primera GT would be perfect on itbs.

Fits the bill of a Nissan engine, and already in fwd set up so should be a fairly easy job in the grand scheme of things.