Nissan Qashqai Black Edition Progress Thread

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

sduk

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
Compared to most of the cars on here this is not going to be the most exciting thread but I thought I'd share haha :laughing:

I've been running around in the Mini Cooper SD for the last year and as much as I love it, my photography has really taken off and I needed something more fit for purpose!

Mini Cooper SD by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

I needed something economical, comfy and as I love my gadgets it needed to be fully loaded with extras!

I started looking at SUV's and kept coming back to the new Nissan Qashqai.

After a test drive at a local dealer I saw a nice black top of the range Tekna model with only 4k miles on autotrader and headed across the country to Motherwell to pick it up....

Untitled by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

The Tekna has a fantastic spec including:

- Air Conditioning,
- Cruise Control,
- Electric Folding Door Mirrors,
- Front Fog Lamps,
- Sat Nav
- 19" Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- 7" touch screen media centre
- Around View Monitor
- Blind spot monitoring,
- Bluetooth phone integration system,
- Cruise control,
- Fatigue detection system,
- Intelligent parking assist,
- Lane departure warning system,
- Moving object detection,
- Push button start
- Traffic sign recognition,
- DAB radio
- Auto wipers
- Auto Bi-LED headlights
- Auto dipping headlights
- Black honeycomb front grille,
- Full leather interior
- Heated Seats
- Front and rear parking cameras
- Keyless entry and start
- Factory tinted windows

I then got my 5 digit plates on and took one of the badges off the rear...

The engine is only a 1.5 turbo diesel but for a big car it's quite nippy and the fuel economy (and £30 tax) is perfect for me...

I have taken the front chrome V off the grill and plan to get that gloss black...

I also got my Team Heko wind deflectors today and put them on today....

I have also bought front and rear skid plates that I am going to get painted in gloss black at the same time as the V grill...

And that's it really. Can't wait to get the gloss black parts on.

Future plans will be running boards, gloss black wheels and black or red calipers.

Really enjoying the higher seating position and the self parking is pretty impressive!

Sammy

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Very nice, I think they are a great looking motor.

Some spec on that (y)

Edited to add, all the chrome done in gloss black would look smart. Fog light surrounds and the trims round the windows etc.

Last edited:

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
Very nice, I think they are a great looking motor.

Some spec on that (y)

thanks :laughing: I had a test drive of the older model and it was like night and day. Nissan really have made the new ones far better to look at. The interior also is much improved!

When I tell people I bought a Qashqai they turn their noses up but everyone changes their opinion when they see it :grinning:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
The missus wanted a Juke as her new car but I'm really tempted by these ... lease deals are good

Looks great!!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Far nicer looking than the previous, hopefully these don't become the DLA wagon of choice like the earlier model did.

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Such a better looking car than its predecessor. Enjoy, but don't paint the wheels black too, there's s danger you'll park it up one evening and not be able to find it again in the dark.

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
Got myself some running boards for the QQ and fitted them in the garage the other night. Wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be!

Always wanted a car with these haha. I think they look pretty awesome and the added bonus is I can now reach the roof when I am washing/drying the car! :laughing:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
That looks really smart. Blackening the grill is a great job and the subtlety of black vs chrome imo is spot on - maybe just blacken the roof rails??

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
That looks really smart. Blackening the grill is a great job and the subtlety of black vs chrome imo is spot on - maybe just blacken the roof rails??

thanks Boydie! If you look closely the grill is not back on yet. The black is just the trim underneath. Hopefully get it back from the bodyshop soon. Also have the front and rear skid plates being sprayed to match too!

I did consider doing the roof rails black but then I'd have to do the roof bars and then the chrome sides? haha a lot of work and i don't mind a bit of the silver and chrome contrasting :laughing:

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
A few things done to the QQ since my last post. I got a set of brand new, genuine Qashqai Black Edition alloys and got them fitted! These wheels are mega rare as the Black Edition has just been brought out by Nissan and they are only making 750 limited edition models apparently.

I also got some genuine Black Edition front and rear bumper extensions. These are silver from factory but I decided to get them painted Pearl Black to match the car.

Lastly I got the chrome V on the front grill colour coded also! Much happier with how it looks now!

Sammy

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Nice touches, but I'd be sacking that qashqui badge as well, to match the blank space on the other side.

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
Been a while since I posted any updates as the Qashqai has stayed the same so nothing to report.

Having now done 19000 miles it was time for new tyres and I took this opportunity for another cosmetic change.

I love the Black Edition alloys I added but felt the tyres looked a little lost in the arches. So instead of getting new 225/45 19 tyres I decided to go for the 225/55 19 which is what is on the Nissan X-Trail as standard.

Delighted with how it looks now...

2017-03-29 09.37.38 by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

2017-03-29 09.39.03 by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

2017-03-29 09.34.17 by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

The ride seems smoother, quieter and slightly improved!

Also ordered some Eibach spacers. Gone for 30mm rear and 20mm for the front. They are on back order so should come from Germany in a few weeks.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Always like checking in on the Nissan/Renault threads to see if the customer is a customer of ours lol.

Must say this looks excellent, the sales manager in work enjoys to add some accessories to his demos and he was loving the look of yours!

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
Those rims are nice although i also prefered the rims with the bit of silver in them

Aww maybe you'd be sold on the black edition wheels if you saw it in person. I love them!

Always like checking in on the Nissan/Renault threads to see if the customer is a customer of ours lol.

Must say this looks excellent, the sales manager in work enjoys to add some accessories to his demos and he was loving the look of yours!

Haha I'm over in Scotland so bit far lol. Glad he liked it!

That looks great. My sister got one a few months ago, loads of toys in them.

That was one of the reasons I got it. Crazy amount of kit in the tekna model.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.