Nissan Silvia Club K's PS13

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Long story incoming, feel free to scroll down to the photos😂

As most of you know I am a massive fan of all things Japanese, especially old Nissans. Skylines have always been my biggest love but there is only one car in my mind that is even close....

In January 2020 I emailed Torque GT enquiring about prices of 2 different cars. An R33 GTST spec 2 and a Silvia K's PS13. The plan was to get a house sorted first, then get one of these cars. 2020 is self explanatory, there is a real ongoing struggle to get a house bought due to lack of houses and ridiculous prices.

Prices of Japanese performance sports cars are hitting the roof and still no house bought. February 2021 i emailed Torque GT again and prices has went a lot higher. I decided it was now or never. By the rate in which prices are going up, by this time next year they will be out of reach. I decided to leave my deposit with them and the search began!

I bid on lots of cars! R33s, PS13s, R32 GTST and even got tempted by a stunning S14A. All of which I either got outbid or the cars just weren't up to scratch. It started to became apparent that Skylines where out of reach when I got outbid by a grand on a car that turned out to be pretty rusty.

One day in work a friend sent me a link to this car on Car & Classic. The car was in Scotland. Closer to home and if it could be got, would be much better value for money. A week later I had won the auction! A road trip to Scotland was arranged and off we went to collect her.

The owner had bought a handful of cars in a job lot from a warehouse in Japan that had not seen roads since 2004! Including my car, a 108SX, an Evo4 and a Pulsar GTIR. He also had a Bentley and TME Evo in his collection which he very nicely showed me around. Genuinely the most decent seller and most welcoming person I have ever bought a car off to date. The car is 100% as advertised and the sale went unbelievably smooth. Couldn't be happier.

So here she is, my 1993 Nissan Silvia Club K's PS13 - 2.0 SR20DET (Redtop/Striaght cam/non-VVT.) Almost perfectly standard besides a very loud Kakimoto Exhaust😍

20210605_124328.jpg
20210605_124254.jpg
20210605_124220.jpg
20210605_124349.jpg
20210605_124234.jpg
20210605_134524.jpg
20210605_134604.jpg
20210605_134650.jpg
20210605_134656.jpg

The underside is like brand new..

20210605_132639.jpg

The bay is pretty standard. Expansion bottle is cracked with age, which is very common but I had ordered a brand new OE style bottle that should last a lot longer before I even collected the car.

20210605_204900 (1).jpg

Obligatory boat pic.

20210605_185219.jpg

A few of my closest mates knew nothing.😂 3 of which have S15s and have been busting my balls to get a Silvia for years lol .. One of which has been torturing me to get one for the longest time so I loured him over with the prospect of food to see his face when he arrived lol .. He loved it.

20210605_202556.jpg

Lots of parts ordered on the journey home. Service bits and a boss kit so that I can fit my Momo and quick release.

The car still needs registered so that's the first thing to do. The plan is to keep it fairly standard. She is in need of paint - cracked bumper, skirt and just a general tidy up. The little bonnet spuds are odd size so need to get new ones to level it out. .. Long term I'm looking at getting an S14 hub conversion so I have more options with 5 stud wheels. I already have R33 GTR wheels freshly powder coated which I would love to fit but for now I just want to drive the thing! The interior is in good nick but needs a clean up. Will post photos when I get that sorted.

I need to thank @Sam777 for his help and advice the last load of months and getting the car home safe for me. Also need to thank @Gemma for all her help as I've probably been driving her crazy the last few months as she was going through the same process with Torque GT. And last but not least my better half for putting up with me not shutting up about one of these things for the last couple of years.😂 She wasn't just supportive but was desperate for me to buy one so I would stop going on about it😂

C&C welcome.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Absolutely awesome. It’s mad to think these cars are becoming unobtanium so good man for grabbing one.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Not a massive fan of older jap stuff but that is very smart looking. Much better choice than an R33 too.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Class job Daniel, fantastic that you got one and it looks like a great one too!
Health to enjoy. :cool:

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
I don't know much about the jap stuff but love seeing a completely OEM car like that. It's like going back in time.

What's the wee yellow sticker above the front wheel arch?

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Love that! PS13 would be my personal favourite of the Silvias. Infinitely cooler than a R33 would ever be imo too.

Gemma

RMS Regular
You know my thoughts. You have no idea how excited I was for you to go and lift it and bring it home 😁
I am so chuffed for you that it was exactly as described and that you're back into nissan ownership once again 😊

Health to enjoy. Hope it brings you all the happiness in the world ❤️

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Is that ross s15? Was chatting to him at applegreen meet few weeks ago and think you were mentioned.

looks well, different for sure! Enjoy it