Nissan Silvia Club K's PS13

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
Aaaaand....its broke😂

Well I was expecting these little things as the car has been off the road from 2004 but I was only ever going to discover them once driving it for a bit.

The wipers stopped working so I replaced the blown fuse and they wouldn't stop, so a mate got me a relay off a loom he had laying about. I've lost the intermittent function but works grand now. So took it a celebratory spin and a blow out noise started getting worse. Now I need a turbo gasket lol .. First weekend with it on the road and its parked up!😂

I've always hated 90s jap cars anyway😂

Ah well. She'll be sorted soon enough. Gonna have to get it to Bradley soon enough hopefully once I get the gasket ordered up and fitted.👍🏻

20210910_201132.jpg

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Excellent work on getting it on the road, pity it didn’t last that long but at least they are easy fixes.

Not consider a smaller front plate for it? I always thought the front of the car was very smooth looking, a big square plate takes away from it a bit. 1 closer to the size of the original plinth would look well.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
This car isn't like the Skyline where if something breaks my heart sinks and I hate it. At that time my Skyline was my only car so it was a nightmare but I've learned never to daily a 90s jap car again😂 this things a keeper, so whatever it needs it gets and at least I have my wee Swift to keep me on the road now.

Excellent work on getting it on the road, pity it didn’t last that long but at least they are easy fixes.

Not consider a smaller front plate for it? I always thought the front of the car was very smooth looking, a big square plate takes away from it a bit. 1 closer to the size of the original plinth would look well.

Yeah handy sorted. Turbo gasket ordered last night so hopefully not too long of a wait.

The plates where just to get me going tbh I'm not overly fussed. I wanted to keep the legal font etc and some plates look silly as small as they can be with legal font and metros just aren't for me.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
This car isn't like the Skyline where if something breaks my heart sinks and I hate it. At that time my Skyline was my only car so it was a nightmare but I've learned never to daily a 90s jap car again😂 this things a keeper, so whatever it needs it gets and at least I have my wee Swift to keep me on the road now.

Yeah handy sorted. Turbo gasket ordered last night so hopefully not too long of a wait.

The plates where just to get me going tbh I'm not overly fussed. I wanted to keep the legal font etc and some plates look silly as small as they can be with legal font and metros just aren't for me.
Turbo gaskets easily done.
From memory its not actually the gaskets that go bad, the buts come loose. You can get high temp mechanically locking nuts. The locking tabs are not worth the hassle.

If turbo has original hard lines, they can be troublesome also. I might have a few knocking about in my mums garage if you stuck.👍

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
Turbo gaskets easily done.
From memory its not actually the gaskets that go bad, the buts come loose. You can get high temp mechanically locking nuts. The locking tabs are not worth the hassle.

If turbo has original hard lines, they can be troublesome also. I might have a few knocking about in my mums garage if you stuck.👍

No worries. I appreciate that. I can't get someone at it until next Sunday so there's another 2 weekends without it 😭 but at least I'll get it in the air and have a good poke for any other bits needing sorted out.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Finally got my registration emailed through from the DVLA. 13 weeks after first submitting my paperwork. It took a complaint to sort it, but I got the registration yesterday and I haven't been out of it since.

It drives like an absolute dream. I gave it a quick scrub and went on my way. Put near 200kms on it just cruising about and I absolutely love it.😍

View attachment 334789View attachment 334790View attachment 334791
Quality! Did you request an age related English reg?

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Cool cars these. Glad you were enjoying it and will again shortly once the minor issues are sorted.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
Quality! Did you request an age related English reg?

Never had an option I was just given it. I found a girl on Instagram who got a PS13 imported by Torque GT and she got hers sorted just a few weeks before mine and hers had a J reg which was 1991 and her car is 92 🤔 wonder why they're doing that. To be honest I'd have preferred an NI reg but I'm just glad to be able to drive it!

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Never had an option I was just given it. I found a girl on Instagram who got a PS13 imported by Torque GT and she got hers sorted just a few weeks before mine and hers had a J reg which was 1991 and her car is 92 🤔 wonder why they're doing that. To be honest I'd have preferred an NI reg but I'm just glad to be able to drive it!
They haven't a clue when it comes to NI plates, mate got a UGZ reg on an 81 car and was told it was dateless :rolleyes: There are £250 3 digit 91/92 plates on dvla if you really want an NI reg.
Lovely car dude I'm sure you're loving having it out

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
They haven't a clue when it comes to NI plates, mate got a UGZ reg on an 81 car and was told it was dateless :rolleyes: There are £250 3 digit 91/92 plates on dvla if you really want an NI reg.
Lovely car dude I'm sure you're loving having it out
Exactly same as myself. Wrote a nice letter
Asking for a period correct reg and then rang before it was reg’d and asked again

NI is dateless was the response

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Age related NI plates can be given out, but has to be done through AOVC too and you pay an extra £40 or something for them to inspect the car. You're as well contacting them before the DVLA to make sure that things are done correctly as once there is a UK or NI plate on the car you'll not get an age related NI one.
In saying that mate followed all the instructions and still got a 2021 reg for an 81 car. He's now looking at buying a plate for around £5/600
My mx5 is dbz, which is 89 on a 94 car, impoted to the uk in 1999 and came over here in 2008. Simples
Someone has transfered the DBZ on the MX5 themselves as it wouldn't have been given an age related plate.
Exactly same as myself. Wrote a nice letter
Asking for a period correct reg and then rang before it was reg’d and asked again

NI is dateless was the response

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
£250 would get a nice 3 digit 94 reg off DVLA, they'd plenty of *BZ plates :grinning:
I have a few plates in secession on some of the novas and some with-our names etc. Spotted J2X FB but I’m unsure weather I’ll even be keeping this one lol so unless it’s in the stable over a year or two it says on its own plate.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
Turbo gasket sorted. Good to see the turbo is in excellent nick also. Then out for a spin with the mates!

The car is running ok. You can get the power down if you pick a gear but it doesn't like going through the gears, there is a bit of hesitation between shifts before boost kicks in again. Just a slight delay and the odd missfire. Going by my experiences with the Skyline it could be absolutely anything from coil packs, fuel issue, timing I have no idea.

Will get it to Richard Bradley in the next few weeks hopefully but for now I'm just happy to cruise about in it. The thing makes some absolutely epic noises though! Can't wait to see how she performs when running 100%😍

I was pricing up paint also and how much it would be to tidy up. Going by some quotes I'm probably better holding off and just going full respray after I get a house sorted. Just happy to drive it as is for now!

Snapchat-692447447.jpg
IMG-20210918-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20210918-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20210918-WA0007.jpg

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
I got my chaser paintwork tidied up by Curry’s over at Kennedyway, very reasonable and very well done, can give you his number mate or point you in the right direction.