Nissan Silvia S15 Part II

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
Was just reading your story about the collet falling down into one of the cylinders 😲

I recently had a similar scare. Just had my 997 engine rebuilt to 4.1L by Hartech in England. I was putting it all back together and accidentally dropped an allen bolt from one of the tensioners into the connection for the oil fill tube. Heard the bolt fall deep into the engine and could have cried :sob: Stuck a borescope down and right at the very bottom of the motor I could see it and luckily get a telescopic magnet down at it to fish it out. Pure lucky, I was convinced that it would have got knocked into some impossible to reach crevice and have to be stripped again! Like yourself, lessons learned the hard way :grinning:

Fantastic car by the way, absolutely love it

chopaholic

RMS Regular
OP
chopaholic
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
Was just reading your story about the collet falling down into one of the cylinders 😲

I recently had a similar scare. Just had my 997 engine rebuilt to 4.1L by Hartech in England. I was putting it all back together and accidentally dropped an allen bolt from one of the tensioners into the connection for the oil fill tube. Heard the bolt fall deep into the engine and could have cried :sob: Stuck a borescope down and right at the very bottom of the motor I could see it and luckily get a telescopic magnet down at it to fish it out. Pure lucky, I was convinced that it would have got knocked into some impossible to reach crevice and have to be stripped again! Like yourself, lessons learned the hard way :grinning:

Fantastic car by the way, absolutely love it

Cheers mate.

A Hartech build couldn't be easy on you, been out looking at some 997s with a friend of mine recently, Hartech ones demand serious money.

You just know if you drop something it will go into the worst place possible, all part of the learning and tool set expansion.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Nice work.

Even though the colours might not match perfectly, it doesn't look too noticeable there. Car looks very cool.