chopaholic

RMS Regular
OP
chopaholic
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
SR into the Corolla?

SR Sold :grinning:

While that sounds great, I'd personally have my Corolla NA, something like a k20 or built k24. Plus If I had a turbo charged high power S15 I think having a high revving NA 86 would be a nice mix.

Exactly this, I actually really like the 4AGE that is in it, although its having to take the back burner for a little bit.

chopaholic

RMS Regular
OP
chopaholic
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
A quick update before the weekend begins.

Got a gearbox, a BMW 530D 6 speed GS6-53DZ HGD, supposedly good for LOTS of power, its a 6 speed with ratios not a million miles away from a standard S14 diff.

fLwggqQ.jpg

ecBlsBl.jpg

Took ages to decide on what sort of adapter kit to go for, its a bit of a minefield and I have heard horror stories about every company that produces them, even the expensive ones. After some research I decided to go for this kit from a company called FTWL Motorsport in Poland, they make LOTS of custom BMW stuff and the guy who owns the company Karol seems to be very knowledgeable, he has gone as far as offering me a full refund if I am not happy with the kit at all even after install.

Its a twin plate kevlar clutch kit, with sashs pressure plate, conversion flywheel from 1JZ to BMW and an adapter plate, all fitting bolts and ARP flywheel bolts included.

5c6XPsy.jpg

This weekend should hopefully see some more prep on the car before the engine arrives in the coming weeks.

0P0pTnu.jpg

More after the weekend.

chopaholic

RMS Regular
OP
chopaholic
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
So a bit of an update for the weekend, on Friday afternoon the car looked like it did above, on Friday evening I decided to get down and dirty to make some progress before the new engine comes.

Pushed it up onto the ramp as I had a little idea, started to strip it down.

CJoRxFf.jpg

dloVnuq.jpg

JWGM2l3.jpg

Re-done some underseal, why you ask when the white underseal was so cool? Well, I decided I might not want the car white any more, but haven't fully decided, if the underseal is black it makes it a lot easier for a colour change, so when in the arches I got the black gravitex out and gave them a nice coat.

Bh3OXOq.jpg

My plan of putting the car on the ramp was to use the ramp as a little bit of a ghetto paint booth to stop the whole place getting covered, it actually worked a treat.

esXDq28.jpg

Then I made the magic happen.......

XLbUvB1.jpg

QKmTRcs.jpg

gI26fEN.jpg

I then done a few coats of lacquer and this was the end result.

XGwN8ez.jpg

mlsZADl.jpg

1c0t58D.jpg

Dozd8ZX.jpg

Dk4uqak.jpg

HK5MCtv.jpg

It is now drying over night, tomorrow I will hopefully manage to get her dropped back down onto her wheels to free the lift up again.

More soon :grinning:

chopaholic

RMS Regular
OP
chopaholic
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
The car needed to go back outside to leave the ramp free for other people, so I started putting it back together today. Put my INGS+ wings on too, now its decision time for putting fenders on the rear?

NtCHgAH.jpg

PUJe3ix.jpg

augQ2qd.jpg

qo9MQA9.jpg

sLWnmGO.jpg

8JZCCqA.jpg

And still haven't decided on a colour :worried:

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Ever seen Marty's Legacy on Mighty Car Mods? Squid ink grey they call it lol .. A similar colour to that would look excellent with those purple bits.

6c7380a6cd7fa770c0c30cb17f9b038adb8221aa_hq.jpg

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
Great build so far. What's the shade of purple you used?

chopaholic

RMS Regular
OP
chopaholic
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
Quick update - Not much has changed, my engine has been delayed my a month which kind of holds me back in the things I can do, but it does give me more time to gather some parts.

I annoyed my girlfriend by doing the standard and wishing my three cars a Happy Valentines day.

xlQmYq7.jpg

I have so many parcels arriving I kind of forget when I buy things, I ordered these 3 months ago, one from the UK and one from Japan a nice combo of Red Bride Zeta and Red Bride Brix for the S15, I already had a spare passenger low mount Bride rail which was handy. Both seats need some minor fixing and certainly the Brix needs a serious wet vac.

iCM3VhC.jpg

ECevORh.jpg

jkT7ioz.jpg

OUEylGH.jpg

My CoolerWorx shifter arrived, its for a BMW so will need some modification to work with the Silvia, my friend Ed got me some nice 3mm steel plate from work to mock some stuff up with. For anyone interested, this is a great solution to not having to run the big clunky shifter assembly which comes on a standard BMW box, I now just need a shifter rod cut and welded to size and I will have nice race car feel changes.

WZLHioT.jpg

A common JZ/RB in Sbody issue is cooling, there is not enough space between the front of the engine and the radiator in standard position to run a viscous clutch fan, most people try to run electric fans instead but often still run into heat issues. An option is cutting the slam panel, moving the radiator further into it which free's up the space needed. I decided I didn't want to cut the panel as it kind of ruins the car and have opted to go for a more hidden style radiator which will sit in below the slam panel, some research found this Volkswagen Sirocco 56mm Radiator for not very much money. Note its got no filler cap and has same sided inlet/outlets. The JZ water neck will need modified to work.

n8x9Jbj.jpg

Chase bays offers a fantastic solution for this, but I really didn't fancy paying 400/500 quid for a radiator.

CB-14RAD_Install-5.jpg

While waiting on my engine I have found something else which can pass some time, pictures to come in the next few weeks.

chopaholic

RMS Regular
OP
chopaholic
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
This has put me off many cars when looking tbh

Madness.

It is the most practical way to own a road going drift car, if you run two fixed seats you can get nothing into the back, if you run a single recliner you have the luxury of moving one side forward and in the side that matters have the support. Once you drive a car like this with a decent fixed seat you would never go back to any other type.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Madness.

It is the most practical way to own a road going drift car, if you run two fixed seats you can get nothing into the back, if you run a single recliner you have the luxury of moving one side forward and in the side that matters have the support. Once you drive a car like this with a decent fixed seat you would never go back to any other type.

I completely agree, fixed seat is a must in your intend to do some drifting, and a passanger reclining seat is just so handy for everyday needs. At the end of the day its only 4 bolts to swap it out.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
I never thought of the reclining side of things, I assumed they could slide or be angled to a certain extent to allow access.

Fair enjoy... but I couldn't deal with two odd seats lol

chopaholic

RMS Regular
OP
chopaholic
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
Back again with a MAJOR update which some will have seen on Insta/Facebook - Still waiting for my engine arriving (two weeks to go now) so I got busy with some other cool bits in the mean time.

Always liked an S15 with the middle brake light removed from the spoiler so got the dremel out and started cutting, filled it with expanding foam, fibreglass over the top and then smoothed with P38 Isapon.

RDw5HRl.jpg

SRyVREa.jpg

4B2sctA.jpg

rH5yYeG.jpg

Whilst I was waiting for bits and bobs to dry on the above I set about making a adapter plate for my coolerworx shifter.

yAEI2qD.jpg

Unfortunately to make this fit in an S15 you have to do some cutting to the lovely dash surround, losing the rear heated screen button (which will be relocated into the cigarette lighter slot) I made an aluminium panel to replace the old one, which I then painted crinkle black.

rH025QC.jpg

IwrvHye.jpg

Will probably eventually change this for a slightly better setup once I get more time.

Made some adjustments to the radiator and tested it for size in behind the slam panel - Works a treat.

7UBGla4.jpg

Decided I needed somewhere to paint the car, looked online for some options and decided to go for this 6x4 foot marquee from eBay, a bargain at £170 and with some modification could have been quite a good DIY paint area for a few of us.

KxnjcYY.jpg

I started prepping all my parts for paint, re-rolled the rear arches to dial a little bit of camber out and make them closer to the fronts. Done some repairs on the side which wasn't in great condition and also removed the stupidly cut intercooler holes in the bumper.

xEJm2kz.jpg

k1TjplB.jpg

48lDt8B.jpg

RjMSbPS.jpg

X4MoiLa.jpg

xkrXeHH.jpg

SqavuF7.jpg