Nissan Silvia s15

amcm1

RMS Regular
Thought id throw up a few pictures i took of my s15 today when i took it out a run.
I had the car imported December 2016 through Alan at Import Wizards and couldn't recommend him highly enough, he couldn't do enough to help through and after the whole process.

Spec list of the car although may have missed one or 2 bits

SR20DET swapped in japan with 5 speed gearbox, stronger gearbox than s15 6 speed
XTREME CLUTCH stage 2 ceramic paddle clutch
NISTUNE ecu mapped by richard bradley
TOMEI 256 cams
Steel headgasket
HKS GTRS Turbo at 1.45 bar
HKS adjustable wastegate actuator
HKS electronic boost controller
Stainless tubular manifold
3 inch custom decat exhaust from turbo back
Stainless braided oil and coolant lines
NISMO injectors
WALBRO 255 fuel pump
Z32 fuel filter
SPLITFIRE coilpacks
GREDDY front mount intercooler
GREDDY intake pipe
Z32 air flow meter
RAMAIR air filter with adaptor
CUSCO strut brace
HPI alloy radiator
Alloy catch can
HKS front coilovers, APEXI rears
Adjustable tension rods
ORIGIN body kit with front+rear bumpers, skirts, roof spoiler and wider wings
boot spoiler
50/50 tail lights
Wind deflectors
Rear wiper removed
Optional extra 'B package' blue interior
TURBO SMART boost gauge in factory pillar pod
RAZO pedal covers
Battery relocated to boot
WORK wheels 18x9 et20

20200515_183256.jpg

20200515_183331.jpg

20200515_183342.jpg

20200515_184312.jpg

20200515_184158.jpg

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Other than the Front plate needs took off, that's stunning 😍 fair play

Thanks. Looks so much better with no front plate, went with the longer front plate cos i hate seeing square plates off to one side, i need to have things centered and symmetrical or it annoys me :joy:

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Lovely car, 15s still look so fresh, Alan is a proper gentleman and very helpful

Thanks. He is indeed, brilliant to deal with. I'd sooner import a car through him before wasting my time looking at some of the overpriced dolled up cars you see over here, seen some horrors hidden under cars with a hefty price tag.

S15 has to be one of the most beautiful cars on the road
They've certainly aged well and seems to be more about which is good to see

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Lovely car, 15s still look so fresh, Alan is a proper gentleman and very helpful

My question is, how does he sort the messers from the real men? He must get hundreds of boys a week asking him to look out for this & that when the reality is they can’t or won’t commit. I appreciate he’s sh*t hot once you’ve won the thing at a

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
My question is, how does he sort the messers from the real men? He must get hundreds of boys a week asking him to look out for this & that when the reality is they can’t or won’t commit. I appreciate he’s sh*t hot once you’ve won the thing at a

To be honest it would be hard to know at times. The man has some serious patience, took me im sure 3 months to find my car and we were messaging each other almost everyday between him showing me cars he had found, me asking advice on other cars I'd found and me asking for translations of auction sheets. Before you bid there is a deposit you have to pay which gets taken off the final price of the car which would put off time wasters if it gets to that stage but at the same time i could have said after 3 months of searching that i didnt want a car anymore and his time is all wasted.

Ollie

RMS Regular

A big deposit lol. Got mine back no hassle when i found a car in the south before i found a car in japan. Though i did give him a few quid off my own bat for his time he had spend looking for me.

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
20200509_160503.jpg

Decided to clean up the engine bay today as it was dusty and just generally a bit grubby, came up okay compared to what it was although its very cluttered and messy looking. Could relocate a few things to tidy it up but don't see the point while it all works as it should and don't want to compromise reliability when sr20s aren't best known for being flawless as it is

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Never seem this thread before! Thats class. 3 of my closest mates have S15s and they all love them. After driving them, I love them too.

Any more updates?

chopaholic

RMS Regular
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
Missed this thread too. Car looks good, have you made many changes?

You must feel happy with your purchase especially now when the prices are currently rocketing to the moon? JDMGarage has a nice Spec R aero in, £30k.

If they continue to go up much further I am going to have to consider selling mine to buy an R35 GTR. :joy:

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Never seem this thread before! Thats class. 3 of my closest mates have S15s and they all love them. After driving them, I love them too.

Any more updates?
Missed this thread too. Car looks good, have you made many changes?

You must feel happy with your purchase especially now when the prices are currently rocketing to the moon? JDMGarage has a nice Spec R aero in, £30k.

If they continue to go up much further I am going to have to consider selling mine to buy an R35 GTR. :joy:
Thanks for the feedback, haven't changed much since then.
Car originally had spec s calipers still fitted and needed front discs so decided it was best to do a small upgrade to spec r/s14 calipers,discs and braided hoses front and back. People will say the calipers are terrible, should have went for skyline ones etc but realistically the car is for the road only, hardly leaves the shed and unless your driving like a lunatic on the road then there wouldn't be much benefit apart from these calipers like to stick and seize if you look at them wrong as i found out from the s14a i had previously.
Also have a new gear stick and handbrake boot/cover/gaiter being made as the car came from japan with an aftermarket gear stick gaiter and the covering was flaking off everywhere so i fitted an e36 one i had lying in the shed but decided it was time i got it sorted and wanted a handbrake one to match too.

In regards to the value of these, its good and bad. I had the car ready to sell last year as i just dont use it at all and have 3 other cars that could do with the attention and time spent on them nevermind the space in the shed. But after 2 people had arranged a time and day to come view the car then disappear off the planet i lost all interest in selling so with values going up i had planned to just let it sit in the shed until ive the patience to sell but the more i think about it im better keeping it and try to get the use from it. Downside is if i sold it then what do you replace it with in the same league as an s15? Some other s-chassis, skyline, chaser or an other 90s jap car at 15-30k? The fun factor and value for money has gone from these cars in my opinion. With values of these cars and especially their parts on the up, they arent something you'd be as keen to be reckless driving.

chopaholic

RMS Regular
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
Thanks for the feedback, haven't changed much since then.
Car originally had spec s calipers still fitted and needed front discs so decided it was best to do a small upgrade to spec r/s14 calipers,discs and braided hoses front and back. People will say the calipers are terrible, should have went for skyline ones etc but realistically the car is for the road only, hardly leaves the shed and unless your driving like a lunatic on the road then there wouldn't be much benefit apart from these calipers like to stick and seize if you look at them wrong as i found out from the s14a i had previously.
Also have a new gear stick and handbrake boot/cover/gaiter being made as the car came from japan with an aftermarket gear stick gaiter and the covering was flaking off everywhere so i fitted an e36 one i had lying in the shed but decided it was time i got it sorted and wanted a handbrake one to match too.

In regards to the value of these, its good and bad. I had the car ready to sell last year as i just dont use it at all and have 3 other cars that could do with the attention and time spent on them nevermind the space in the shed. But after 2 people had arranged a time and day to come view the car then disappear off the planet i lost all interest in selling so with values going up i had planned to just let it sit in the shed until ive the patience to sell but the more i think about it im better keeping it and try to get the use from it. Downside is if i sold it then what do you replace it with in the same league as an s15? Some other s-chassis, skyline, chaser or an other 90s jap car at 15-30k? The fun factor and value for money has gone from these cars in my opinion. With values of these cars and especially their parts on the up, they arent something you'd be as keen to be reckless driving.

Spec R/S14 calipers are just fine, the people who say otherwise have little experience with them.

I am in that dilemma at the moment, if I sell the S15 what exactly do you replace it with? Everything has gone up in value and there isn't much else which tickles my interest. It will probably end up being a GT86 with an engine swap TBH. I agree with you 100% that the fun factor has now disappeared, which for me was 90% of why I always loved them.

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Spec R/S14 calipers are just fine, the people who say otherwise have little experience with them.

I am in that dilemma at the moment, if I sell the S15 what exactly do you replace it with? Everything has gone up in value and there isn't much else which tickles my interest. It will probably end up being a GT86 with an engine swap TBH. I agree with you 100% that the fun factor has now disappeared, which for me was 90% of why I always loved them.
Think the problem is that most people who've had these cars in the past or who bought them a few years ago and still have them are still in the mindset that everything can be got under 10k which is no longer the case, but i cant justify spending potentially tens of thousands when youve seen the type of butchery that goes on with some japs cars and who knows what history they have

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
As above, you told me to not sell the r34 cause what would I replace it with. Year and half later the answer is still nothing. Can’t justify the money, next to little genuine car scene too and cars older and rougher getting, it’s very hard to lift the mattress and pull 20k out, which just about buys something jap now.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
That’s lovely. Roll on getting out of this crap till we get the dust blown of these garage queens...

• Wow
Reactions: PDK