Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R - Single Turbo Conversion *OEM-ness PG4*

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

lynnsy

RMS Regular
Drives
Dakar ///M3
Hay hay Phil, the splitters black lol. What sorta horse is it now with the wan big hair dryer onner? Or did I miss the post??

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Hay hay Phil, the splitters black lol. What sorta horse is it now with the wan big hair dryer onner? Or did I miss the post??

I'll need to get a new clutch fitted first before I get it down to the rolling road... because on the 'high' boost setting its not coping well at all. Need to get saving lol

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Predicted BHP?

The engine isn't forged (to my knowledge) so it's mapped conservatively... I wan't it to be safe. On the high boost setting I would say it'll be 450-500? Like I say I have no proper idea until I get a new clutch in it and get it properly dyno'd.

Having spoke to people with Skyline's that have went to, say, 800BHP that it it's mainly just for pub talk and all of them drive it on a lower setting 99% of the time.

I'll will however be sure to post up when I get clutch in and hopefully Autotune will have their 4WD Dyno all up and running!

For now, my plans are interior and engine bay. Regarding the clutch I really would love a Nismo one but they are £££ :worried:

lynnsy

RMS Regular
Drives
Dakar ///M3
Fair play, just wish she was white ye know. My dakar isnt even quick to be honest, I'd love too feel the throw offa 500 linner

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Fair play, just wish she was white ye know. My dakar isnt even quick to be honest, I'd love too feel the throw offa 500 linner

Yeah it's addictive!

Yeah colour is such a personal thing. I had that black one and hated the colour after a while - I don't actually like them as much in white lol. I really wanted silver as its the one all the brochures and marketing material had back in the day lol. Love them in silver!

If it wasn't silver though I would probably have the bright red as my second choice, they are rare as hell!

lynnsy

RMS Regular
Drives
Dakar ///M3
Blacks a **** a colour, only looks good in wet. Evos and linners in white is the dogs balls. Silver looks real well in that GTR tho, if it was white id be trying to flog my dakar to buy it......... just an absolute rod in my opinion

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Took a few snaps today when the weather was nice! New SD card bought so proper camera used. I'll have to learn how to properly use one properly in bright sunlight to photograph cars, results are very inconsistent. Anyway here were a few I was happy with.

DSC_0529_zpsusbpsyfp.jpg~original

DSC_0541_zps2lc8lij7.jpg~original

DSC_0548_zpsxsqlgwke.jpg~original

DSC_0552_zpsx5j3y9cc.jpg~original

DSC_0540_zpsiahjkekw.jpg~original

Lee

RMS Regular
Been keeping an eye on this, looks proper clean. Something cool about that plate too

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Just stunning, more i see this, the more i love it too... hope you'll enter the JCC Show, Titanic

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Just stunning, more i see this, the more i love it too... hope you'll enter the JCC Show, Titanic

I was tempted but I was put off as I hate scumbags pawing round it or kids etc doing something to the paintwork. I don't mind meets because generally the people there are likeminded and respect the cars etc. Does that make sense or do I sound like a fruit loop? Lol.

In any case I looked up the dates and I'm away for a few days with the other half so it'll be locked up at the parents whilst I'm gone.

I'm actually gutted I'm missing the show and getting a chance to walk round it and see the other jap stuff but we've booked this ages ago... Oh well!

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
You have no idea how much I love this! It's just right in every way and looks so much better with the std wheels!

Great work...(y)

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Well I've sorted things out and I will now be able to attend the JCC show! I'm going to go on holiday a day later, result!

I've obviously missed entry for indoor, so I may bring the GTR up depending on what the weather is like for the outside stuff! Really looking forward to seeing all the other JAP metal on the day though!!

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Not sure how I missed this thread but just had a read though. Some change from how you bought it. That kit was truly woeful!

It looks so fresh now. Super looking motor !

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
image.jpeg
Class car loved my r33 gtst,seen you in Ballymena today sounds well. I've an oem Nissan oil filter,window reg,thermostat etc here I'll never need if you ever need any of them I'll throw you them for a couple of quid. Here's my old one bumped into you a few times in town

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
So just flew through MOT for another year with no advisories - happy days!

So now that I'm happy with the outside, attention turns to the inside :grinning:

The bits of trim around the controls and gearstick has been removed and I'm going to either go Gloss Black or Carbon Dipped. Steering wheel is coming off too as parts have peeled off (20 year old leather after all lol). I'm going to get it dropped to AREK in Ballymena as his work is great!

Just boring befores and during at the moment I'll update when all the parts are back and fitted :grinning:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.