Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R - Single Turbo Conversion *OEM-ness PG4*

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
This will be the icing on the cake once the interior matches the originality of the exterior. (y)

Love this car ... really putting me in the notion for one, maybe when we move and I have a garage!

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Oh my god I can't believe what I have just found....

nissan skyline r33 gtr

My old car in Romania running 650 Wheel Horse Power. Still, wrongly, running my WKZ12 plates haha! **** me I couldn't believe it when I seen it!

Quite tempted to buy it back lol

kdpc90.jpg

1hukc3.jpg

dqw7d.jpg

Last edited:

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
So I got my interior bits back! Ryan @ '3D Dip' in Antrim done a fantastic job I would really recommend them. They are just across the road from Kerrs Tyres. It's not a wrap but basically they prep and paint the surface and then 'dip' it in a large tank with the transfer - really cool process and a much nicer, glossier finish than wrapping. A real rift job!

Here are two quick and nasty photos of two of the pieces I'm hoping to get them back on tonight and I'll take a proper photo of it all :grinning:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
How much roughly. Id love to get the black part on my new diffuser carbon'd

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
I got mates rates on the 5 pieces in total I left up... but he said retail on the 5 pieces would be roughly £200. The prep on the GTR stuff is a nightmare because of the rubberised coating on them from the factory... I wouldn't dream of rubbing it down myself lol!

If you ring him he'll give you a rough idea he's brilliant but you better not be in a rush lol he's always flat out.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
IMG_4641.JPG
IMG_4642.JPG
IMG_4643.JPG

Going to get the car back today from Richard Bradley... New clutch put in and as it's been almost a year and I've done 3000km it got another service and changed the necessary oils and fluids.

It took me a long time to decide on a clutch but I went for an Xtreme Twin Plate which Richard has informed me should be good for 1200BHP so it's future proofed when I do decide to up the power. The benefit of these clutches are that they are supposed to retain the OEM pedal feel and be totally usable on the road! They seem to come very highly rated in the drift community, as well, and we all know the abuse those cars take!

Can't wait! As promised I'll get some decent photos of the interior up when I get it back :grinning:

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Was your car up at Richards a couple of days ago? Gutted I didn't see it.

Yes it was :grinning: I now have it back now woohooo! Taking it easy for a while on this clutch before I really test it out. Early impressions are it's very good nice and snappy but easy to drive without stalling it! Turns out the clutch that he took out was the original Nissan one lol and Richard said it wasn't even the worst he had seen so it goes to show how babied the car has been it's whole life lol.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
Yes it was :grinning: I now have it back now woohooo! Taking it easy for a while on this clutch before I really test it out. Early impressions are it's very good nice and snappy but easy to drive without stalling it! Turns out the clutch that he took out was the original Nissan one lol and Richard said it wasn't even the worst he had seen so it goes to show how babied the car has been it's whole life lol.

That's a great sign! Wish I'd known you could get a 1000bhp clutch with OEM feel before I did my conversion!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Good stuff. Recognised the workshop straight away, amount of times I've loitered around while Richard works some magic lol.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Ok so I'm aware how rubbish the photo is and excuse the filthy interior but got my wheel back and it is class! I had a quick look at the brochure and it's looking very OEM. Well chuffed.

Going to post some better ones soon! :grinning:

Attachments

• IMG_0838.JPG
    IMG_0838.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 111

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Ok so I'm aware how rubbish the photo is and excuse the filthy interior but got my wheel back and it is class! I had a quick look at the brochure and it's looking very OEM. Well chuffed.

Going to post some better ones soon! :grinning:

Lovely job sir :grinning:

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Sure I would be rude not to add more Nismo goodies. All genuine from RHDJapan.com - can't wait till they arrive and hope customs don't rape me too much again this time!

IMG_0854.jpg

On the lookout for a nice dress up bolt kit and carbon fibre cooling panel for then front to tidy that up.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
So just got an email confirmation from FRRacer in Canada that they have stock of and are going to ship me another wee part I've been looking for ages!

So currently the heat shield around the turbo is one of the many things in the engine bay that I hate. It's a crappy looking random piece of metal. Shown below.

IMG_0856.PNG

So what I have ordered is a genuine Greddy/Trust heat shield. This is specially made for the T78 (which they also make, of course) so should fit perfect.

IMG_0859.JPG

Here is an example of one fitted to another car. Much better! First of many things to get bought for the engine bay!

IMG_0858.JPG

Much neater!

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Dash turned out well (y) That steering wheel though :eek: Looks like it came out of a micra or something

That's the original one lol. Typical Jap 90s car awesome but ***** interior lol. But I love it haha

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.