Nissan stagea

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Hi guys

apologies about all the questions.

I'm selling the 370z and want something old Jap/turbo for simply the noises and nice power delivery.

I've also got the v70 as you know for family duties the odd weekend.

I'm thinking if I buy a Nissan stagea with either 2.5 neo engine manual or 2.6 rb engined and sell everything else I maybe be able to have all my needs in one car for a while at least.

Only thing is... the front of them aren't great, I have seen r34 gtr front ends on them and they looked incredible for a wagon.

Question time...

Anyone know is it a handy enough swap?

What's needed, wings, bumper,bonnet and lights?

What other trim?

Would these be handy got over time without spending mega money?

Anyone experience with stagea?

Cheers
Joe
IMG_3852.PNG
IMG_3853.PNG
IMG_3854.JPG

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Seen one here recently in nardo grey I'm pretty sure and loved it.

Anyone know the owner?

Not over fussed if it was 2.5t but would love the legendary rb26 lump in one that's been converted...would be perfect for my wants/needs.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Rb25det neo unopened block is good for 600bhp so unless you want mega power that engine is perfect, shares some internal parts as a rb26dett also

As for the front end, I just converted my GTT R34 front to GTR. All parts can be bought direct from nissan
I bought every part needed and took around 10 days to deliver ( took 3 visits to my local Nissan garage as I kept needing brackets/bars I didn't know I needed )
I've seen a few GTR front ended stagea's an almost bought 1 before my skyline
Cool cool looking car

Cost of front end swap is £2500 parts along if buying new from nissan
Ive all part numbers and pictures of parts, panels an brackets needed

j44nty

RMS Regular
Rb25det neo unopened block is good for 600bhp so unless you want mega power that engine is perfect, shares some internal parts as a rb26dett also

As for the front end, I just converted my GTT R34 front to GTR. All parts can be bought direct from nissan
I bought every part needed and took around 10 days to deliver ( took 3 visits to my local Nissan garage as I kept needing brackets/bars I didn't know I needed )
I've seen a few GTR front ended stagea's an almost bought 1 before my skyline
Cool cool looking car

Cost of front end swap is £2500 parts along if buying new from nissan
Ive all part numbers and pictures of parts, panels an brackets needed

That is a fantastic price for what completely transforms a bland jap estate into something quite special.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
That is a fantastic price for what completely transforms a bland jap estate into something quite special.
Only 1 modification I had to make, the latch support bar doesn't line up with a bolt hole on the bottom cross bar, just needs measured, beat flat, drilled an a bolt secured, all non gtr cars need this done
Hard to beat no cutting, grinding or modifying parts. Out of the box an bolted straight on

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
The front end swap on a Stagea is not a simple front end swap, you'll need custom brackets and possibly custom body parts but there are kits available. Not cheap though :eek:

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Not sure of the dimensions of the car but be careful if you put a GTR front end on the front may end up wider than the rear which would look a bit daft.

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Custom wings are needed from what I remember,
There's full kits available but genuine bonnet/bumpers can be used.

I looked into it before when I had a notion to buy one!

Edit: have a look here LINK

Last edited:

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
So you will have two wagons?

I'm just researching at the moment and in no panic to jump into something.

I am selling the Z for a turbo Jap of some sort when the time is right

I'd sell the volvo also and just drive this as second kid coming and it will have the space, noise and extra power that would work for weekend outtings

Tune it and change front if possible.

Would be great just to buy one done already... if anyone knows of any let me know 🙂

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I had a notion for one of these a few years back, for the same reasons as yourself, wagon with plenty of room, but with a gtr front they look incredible.

Hope to see this come to fruition, do it in the blue that the R34 GTRs look so good in 😍