Seen that 👍

They came back to me saying would've advertised for £23k 😦 And it's sold lol

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Yea I first seen this as a cheaper way to have skyline power in an estate so good for family duties but at some of these figures are very off putting lol

I'd be happy with the neo 2.5t engine and tuned tbf.

Il keep looking and keep an eye out

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70

Cheap motoring, tune it and make it sound good.

This whole £15k+ is mental lol

If I bought that, got second hand skyline parts and sprayed. Tune it. 8-10k I thought would have it changed and slightly tuned

steeldevil

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus IS300h
@ossy2004 what about one of these? Bit fresher looking

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Evo 9 GT-A Wagon | eBay

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Looked at them... they're mainly auto 👎

Those that are manual are a lot more expensive. Evo and Subaru scare me due to piston issues...at least with Nissan I know they're good for power and sound great.

Need the Z sold then il consider others. Will sell the volvo once the Z is sold and see were I stand then

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Auto 👎

Why not just a four door skyline?

Just think the bigger boot would be good when il have two kids come June.

I haven't ruled out a skyline/chaser but once I get the z sold il sell the volvo and search what's available.

At the moment I'm researching and trying to see what model/spec and how much front end change is Gona be or worth it.

If it's £15k+ then I'm out as spending that amount of money isn't worth it in my eyes.

Joe

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
I've friends and family in the bodywork trade and happy to do bits n pieces myself also... im limited in the mechanical side, knowing what gearboxes/dash trim/running gear to buy to make it run perfect plus Labour costs doesn't sound to appealing unfortunately...would soon add up I'm sure.

I just need to buy a nice manual that either doesn't look tooo bad as is, get one that's converted and needs tidied up, buy one and convert front end or buy something else if it doesn't suit after counting up what's needed v other turbo cars.

As stated this is just a research thread on them.

Anyone actually any experience driving them etc...?

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I've friends and family in the bodywork trade and happy to do bits n pieces myself also... im limited in the mechanical side, knowing what gearboxes/dash trim/running gear to buy to make it run perfect plus Labour costs doesn't sound to appealing unfortunately...would soon add up I'm sure.

I just need to buy a nice manual that either doesn't look tooo bad as is, get one that's converted and needs tidied up, buy one and convert front end or buy something else if it doesn't suit after counting up what's needed v other turbo cars.

As stated this is just a research thread on them.

Anyone actually any experience driving them etc...?

Surely the 4k one would be ideal, 500hp manual and gtr front all for round 10k all including buying?

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Maybe speak to Alan at Import Wizards about bringing one in from Japan yourself. Bound to be more options for manual cars over there.

Does anyone on here know anybody good for doing the manual conversion too? Maybe Richard Bradley?

It's worth pricing up both options as you could perhaps have a clean auto converted for a lot less than a factory manual plus you'll know it has a brand new clutch etc.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Fright guys... the 370z is sold and away to Belgium.

Expecting baby oz number two next week.

I’m currently driving the volvo but strongly looking at these stagea’s again.

Been chatting to Alan at import wizards also and prices seem good imported but obviously there’s the unknown factor and the cost of underseal/clock change/register/etc to follow once imported.

Has anyone drove a stagea... what they like? There’s very few about and really need to look/drive before I commit.

Plus...parts, what they like for sourcing? Obviously only so many knocking about and even less being broke and can’t go to europarts for off the shelf stuff I imagine so that’s another thing I need to know?