No fling Tyre Shine

davyk31

RMS Regular
Any recommendations on the best tyre shine to use. I have an issue really only on my Macan with almost any tyre shine making a mess down the side of the car. No matter how long the stuff dries I can still get fling even if the car sits a week before using it. Apply very sparingly as well. Not Sure if it's how the wheels sit on the car although I do kinda blame the tyres as they are Pirelli with lots of wee ribs on the tyre wall.

Any brands of stuff I should try. Just finished a bottle of Orchard stuff which was pretty good but can't seem it get it again. Have tried Megs Endurance and Anachem as well. Quite odd as my other cars dont seem to be affected although their colours may hide more.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Not near Belfast sadly as a sample would have been good to try. Where do you buy it?

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
@davyk31 they operate mostly from Facebook/Instagram. Just a couple of friends of mine who sell products as a hobby.

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Are you giving the tyre a good clean and making sure it's completely dry before applying any dressing? Makes a huge difference.

j44nty

RMS Regular
Are you giving the tyre a good clean and making sure it's completely dry before applying any dressing? Makes a huge difference.
Yeah for me a tyre has to be really clean first. I scrub the jeep all terrains down with fairy liquid and a nail/hand scrubber. Then when dry a heavy coat of any tyre shine after a minute or 2 run a clean cloth around them to mop off the excess.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Only ever use Meguiar's Endurance Tyre Gel, and the smell is amazing lol

I use this too and I think it's terrible for the above issue. Il be watching this thread also as I need some advice on the matter... having no mudflaps and having big arches on the Z it's extra worse and really annoys me as the rest of the car is fine except the sides due to tyre shine

Nigelo

RMS Regular
I've been finding anachem's glossier dressing very good - a few sprays onto a sponge and the work around the tyre. I've had no sling and that's with spacers on the alloys also.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Anachem. The only one I have used for the past 5-6years and there is never any fling at all. Apply with a sponge when the tyre is dry and the finish is superb. It's just a lovely sheen, I can't bear super shiny tyres...

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Yep, quite a misty one so no big splurts.

I didnt get one with mine and was wondering what to use, other than tip it up onto a sponge which is messy and you get transfer back into the product. My last one was black when I got to the bottom.

dartagnan

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi Q7
Personally I would apply any tyre dressing with a sponge etc and rub with a microfibre after doing so. Using a sponge etc avoids gets it into the tread which is where it is generally 'flown from' as it builds up there if not removed after applying.

Colin_A

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Do you find it makes your tyres turn a brown colour after a few days? I tried it a few years back and stopped using it.
Nope still black. Never any problem with it. Maybe not just as shiny as the Meguiars but no mess up the side of the car and still looks fresh.

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
If your Meguiar's is flinging off your probably putting too much on

I use a shoe sponge like this to apply it...

2 SHOE POLISH SPONGES Instant Shine Brush/Clean/Wax Scuff Leather Trainers/Boots 5057502502759 | eBay

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Would the anachem users like a spray head with theirs?

I only ever pour onto a sponge and figured that spraying it could leave too much about, but if the users want a spray head, I can do it