No fling Tyre Shine

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Would the anachem users like a spray head with theirs?

I only ever pour onto a sponge and figured that spraying it could leave too much about, but if the users want a spray head, I can do it

I've one of these on mine, taken off an older bottle. Far easier to use than removing a lid each time.

flip%20top%20cap%20for%20bottle.jpg

Only ever get fling up the sides when I've used too much and it's collected between the treads.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Whats posted above would be perfect @Big Pimp

What I found with my first bottle was that putting it on with a sponge is grand, but as I reuse the same sponge until its done, dirt goes back into the bottle as its tipped up and back down again, eventually discolouring it. Doesnt effect the product itself at all, but a top like the above would be great. I also dropped my bottle once and some tipped out, but that my own stupid fault lol.

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
I got a bottle of Glimmerman tyre and trim dressing given to me in January.
I'm still using it, applied with a paintbrush and no fling.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular

I only ever pour onto a sponge and figured that spraying it could leave too much about, but if the users want a spray head, I can do it

@big_pimp I got a spray head with my last order for tyre shine, the wee flip top would be perfect though as I had the same problem as @Steve with the product going black when I was just tipping the open bottle as I reuse the same sponge

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Never noticed this being an issue, I use Meguirs Endurance and apply it with an applicator pad that I’ve been using for 10 years now. I’m happy enough with Megs but having said that got tyres fitted at my local garage and they used some sort of dressing that looks a million times better and is longer lasting

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
No worries guys. I’ll add a flip top lid with every order I’m sending out from now on.

If any of you guys with previous orders want a flip top, send me a PM and I’ll get one sent out to you

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Used quite a lot but the only one I use now is gyeon q2, quite a shine which I like, like megs without the fling and last longer, I always use very little and leave overnight to dry in.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Gyeon Tire for me, making sure the tyre is spotless first is essential, I go through the following...
1. APC and scrub
2. Tar remover and scrub
3. Another quick go with apc
4. Swipe tyre with gyeon prep
5. Apply Q2 Tire
6. Heat with heat gun or hairdryer
7. Quick wipe before driving

MarkM

RMS Regular

Mine is so much better with a trigger, use a lot less too I find

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Spray might be a good job perhaps as would mean very little product on the sponge. What sponges does everyone use or just a bit of a basic car wash sponge?

61_Vert

RMS Regular
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI

definitely wouldnt want a spray head, i would love an applicator like you used to get for shoe whitening, like a sponge on the end of a squeezy bottle.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
So to bump this up again I’m getting new trigger spray lids in like my original ones.

Just wanted to ask the general consensus on would either of these styles be preferred for the tyre dressings?

A4556C4D-AE19-4A46-90E3-7823936A3699.jpeg
2E406BF7-4759-453B-86E2-ADD96D174727.jpeg
B5266064-B8D3-4BBB-A669-AEEAE71DB2CC.jpeg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
What do people use to clean tyres before using slick ? I had my wheels off , wheel cleaner, citrus prewash , fallout remover, shampoo. Dried , tyre slick, wipe off excess , sat a few days in garage. Drove 60miles and it looks like bare tyres again!
I get a far better look by just leaving whatever is on there and topping it up after washing wheels and not touching the tyres.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I use a tyre brush like below to scrub them. Depending on what’s on the tyre I will use the likes of Lazer or Articulate from Anachem.

76C9C357-5BCA-4655-AC86-D10C1497E4DA.jpeg

Edit, I also used Solapower on the tyres at the weekend and it done a good job too. Gyeon have brought out a product called ‘Tirecleaner’ which I am also going to try (sucker for new products).

Last edited: