North West 200

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
thankyou Northern Ireland weather yet again.ffs what have people to do in this wet fecking puddle of a place.. stressful day getting the races running im sure so a good result in the end instead of sending people home without any action.

DriftnSlide

Banned
OP
DriftnSlide
Drives
S60 D5 SE
The one thing sticks out for me was the noise of the RCV............, it was spinning the whole way past us on the straight from Mill Rd to Station Corner. Must have been some craic for Rutter. 🤣 🤣

Dave..

RMS Regular
thankyou Northern Ireland weather yet again.ffs what have people to do in this wet fecking puddle of a place.. stressful day getting the races running im sure so a good result in the end instead of sending people home without any action.
It needs to be at the end of May but the weather over here is usually wet and sh1te.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Can't move it any later in the month, TT starts this weekend. It's pretty much hit or miss with the NW200. It's never just a cloudy, dry day. Either heatwave or wash out

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
There was also something with dates for BSB, now theres no break, it's NW straight to TT then right into Donington

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
Thread resurrection time. Planning on heading up to the NW on Thursday for practice and evening races - would the grandstands be the best place to spectate or what other options is there?

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Thread resurrection time. Planning on heading up to the NW on Thursday for practice and evening races - would the grandstands be the best place to spectate or what other options is there?
You'll get a dozen different answers to that one, but basically the grandstands give you good view, I think most have a big screen in view as well so get to see action for the whole lap. The start finish ones are good, as is the one at York.
If no grandstand, you'll need to be there early for a good pitch beside the track, ortherwise a bit harder to see, unless you are 6'6".

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000

I think Grandstands might be free during practice, certainly are on Tuesday but you might need a band during the racing on Thursday night.

I have watched at most spots over the years and I find york corner hard to beat as it has the screen. Top right hand side is the best spot as you can watch them head up to mill road roundabout.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Also heading up on the bike from Thursday to Sunday, cannot wait!

Just need the weather gods to align now, fingers crossed for some dry days!

Hard one to call this year with so many big names all on great bikes, will be interesting for sure.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Also heading up on the bike from Thursday to Sunday, cannot wait!

Just need the weather gods to align now, fingers crossed for some dry days!

Hard one to call this year with so many big names all on great bikes, will be interesting for sure.
I have to say I don’t have a clue who’s even racing this year, I haven’t been following things.

Who is racing for who this year @gav525 ? I see MD has his truck at the paddock so maybe he got a seat after all.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I have to say I don’t have a clue who’s even racing this year, I haven’t been following things.

Who is racing for who this year @gav525 ? I see MD has his truck at the paddock so maybe he got a seat after all.

Lol, there's so many! Yes be interesting to see what MD has out together at short notice, maybe one of his own bikes or maybe he's keeping another deal secret, was talk of Kawasaki after he ride it in BSB.

Then you'll have Glenn Irwin trying to win on the Honda and he'll want to beat Brookes on the Ducati to prove a point. MD will also be gunning for the ducati. Hicky on his BMW will also be a good contender. Then in the supersport Lee Johnston will be hard to beat on the Ashcourt racing bike, but Seeley will be trying to win there, can't remember who he's riding for now though. Not sure if Paul Jordan is fit yet or not with the broken hand. Adam Maclean is another one to watch for.

Personally I hope Dom Herbertson does well on both his bikes and the Burrows bike, have a lot of time for him. Jeremy Mcwilliams will be good to see on the Burrows bike as well.

Then you've the likes of Rutter, Davey Todd, the OMG boys, Conor Cummins(think he's there?).

There's really so many to choose from lol, and everyone itching to get back racing after the 2 year break. If the weather plays ball it should be a great week!

ilovequo

RMS Regular
C191576F-7981-4F47-8098-A0FAED25BDC3.png

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
You'll get a dozen different answers to that one, but basically the grandstands give you good view, I think most have a big screen in view as well so get to see action for the whole lap. The start finish ones are good, as is the one at York.
If no grandstand, you'll need to be there early for a good pitch beside the track, ortherwise a bit harder to see, unless you are 6'6".

I think Grandstands might be free during practice, certainly are on Tuesday but you might need a band during the racing on Thursday night.

I have watched at most spots over the years and I find york corner hard to beat as it has the screen. Top right hand side is the best spot as you can watch them head up to mill road roundabout.
Cheers lads, I'll try and get to York corner for the racing on Thursday evening (from what I can see, it doesn't seem to be ticketed).

For practice, might aim for one of the spots between Mill Road roundabout and University Corner.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Cheers lads, I'll try and get to York corner for the racing on Thursday evening (from what I can see, it doesn't seem to be ticketed).

For practice, might aim for one of the spots between Mill Road roundabout and University Corner.

I think you can pay to use the grandstand on Thursday, it's cheaper with a programme. The guy on that stand is a 100%, he didn't even check my ticket earlier whereas the guy on the start finish did.

Pm me your number and I'll lob you down my ticket if there's any problem 😂

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
I think you can pay to use the grandstand on Thursday, it's cheaper with a programme. The guy on that stand is a 100%, he didn't even check my ticket earlier whereas the guy on the start finish did.

Pm me your number and I'll lob you down my ticket if there's any problem 😂
Cheers - PM'd you there